Oldfart Orthodontic Diary

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

oldfart

Re: Oldfart Orthodontic Diary

#121 Post by oldfart »

Time for one of those really tough questions. Colors for the bottom. I kinda like the purple I had above, and may just try it. So far have done blue and purple. If they have a dark red I may try.

Green is too obnoxious, although thinking my 11 yr old who is getting them today may do it.. Brown too icky, clear stained, any other thoughts? Sticking to silver on top for now.
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom

rhibee83

#122 Post by rhibee83 »

your teeth are looking awesome! love the purple, I might have to try that colour soon :)

debinator

#123 Post by debinator »

I had lime green and they were awesome LOL- Right now sporting a bright pink and purple
50 year old kid at heart

My story:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=44406

Debraced 2/25/14 WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Tobilei

#124 Post by Tobilei »

There's a pretty nice deep sparkly red at our ortho's office. I love it. I also love hot pink but I'm not so sure you would :twisted:

oldfart

#125 Post by oldfart »

Good apt. No elastics. Oh well.

New rectangular wire on top and bottom 16x22 or so. And three more bands. A couple of them are really back into the jaw so the back of the band is barely visible. One is at a pretty good angle to the wire so am told that I will really be feeling that in a few days. Just generic soreness. Just hard to tell how mush soreness to expect.

of

Tobilei

#126 Post by Tobilei »

So you stuck with purple on the bottom?

Rectangular wires! That's exciting!

Good luck with the soreness. Hope it stays mild for you!

oldfart

#127 Post by oldfart »

All three areas that have new molar bands are going to have major movement. The area that is actually has the least amount of movement is already getting there. Could barely chew apple cinnamon chex cereal soaked in milk.

Pain is good.. It means movement... Pain is good.. It means movement... (my new mantra)

Have a few pics. Here is the first one. Can't see much difference, except the wire. I just like how bright and shiny it looks ;) The pic is at a upwards angle, the bite isn't that far open. Just one that came out the best.

of
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rhibee83

#128 Post by rhibee83 »

ooOOOo they do look all shiny, looking great :) :) I really like the purple!

oldfart

#129 Post by oldfart »

The above is the good photo, now some ugly ones. Just because I am bored and need to document this part anyhow.

Not the best collage but here goes.

1) Top left (which is actually my right as my camera reverses everything). My two gold crowns. The first one needs to rotate a bit and the back one has to come in.

2) Top right. My ugly molars. The front will be crowned upon completion with it being a possibility on the back one also. Yes that is about a 30 degree angle that the mostly straight 16x22 rectangular wire is bent. Took the asst some nice pushing to get in back there. These two teeth will be a good test of the memory of the wire. And power also. (White stuff on the middle of the tooth is cement. Will brush it off later.

3) Top arch. Molars are almost as ugly, just as bad as the bottom. Nice pic of the missing one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tobilei

#130 Post by Tobilei »

I love how nice and shiny my rectangular wire is too :mrgreen:

And I hear you on pushing and shoving in order to get wires in. Some adjustments I think give my ortho a pretty good workout trying to shove the wire through that back molar I have.

And yes, pain is movement! Pain is movement! Yay for pain?

oldfart

#131 Post by oldfart »

Can I have some cheese with my Whine?
----
Holy Eff these molars hurt. This is the first time that soreness has turned into real pain since I started treatment. Although I am chewing on them still(soft bread) just as I WILL NOT GIVE IN!!! Due to how tight the back teeth are to the jaw it also feels like I have two frankenstein bolts on the bottom jaw poking me in the jaw.

Just told my wife no steak this weekend.. So how about hot dogs and hamburgers she asks, ... umm... sure... (ok I lied). This may be fun.

of

Tobilei

#132 Post by Tobilei »

Ugh, I know that pain! I get it frequently! I've attempted stubborn-ness and continued to chew but the ache I get for an hour afterwards on top of the pain never feels worth it.

Molars for me are always the worst culprits for horrendous pain. They seem to make my whole jaw and face ache.

Best of luck with your hamburger and/or hot dogs and I hope the pain eases up soon!

starfish88

#133 Post by starfish88 »

Rectangular wires are pretty ouchy at the start but you'll see some crazy movement soon! I'm impressed how you managed to take pictures so well in your mouth!

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

EricRoyalOak

#134 Post by EricRoyalOak »

Wow! that's some impressive dental work! Looks like my back molars. The first lower left molar, is that a crown or just silver fillings?

I had a similar dramatic bend from my first to second molars at all four corners. I really felt the braces at those locations. The bends have gone away over the past year at three spots, the fourth is still offset. This is where I felt the improvement in my bite - when those back molars were straightened out.

oldfart

#135 Post by oldfart »

Bottom left is all fillings. It will be crowned and Root canaled upon completion of the ortho work. The one right behind it was originally going to be crowned, but since there will be no tooth above it (its being moved forward to close a gap from an extracted molar) they are not sure it will be necessary.