The Martin Boyce Story - NEW PICS - 7th ADJUSTMENT TODAY

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Britlaw

#256 Post by Britlaw »

pressed the button once but got two postings! :oops:

deborah

#257 Post by deborah »

Hi! Thats interesting about that mouth ulcer paste. We are going to New York next month for 3 nights so i will stock up on it! My mouth is still sore at the back where it's catching my cheek. I have my 6th adjustment coming up so hope to get it sorted out then too.

Martin, i can't get over how well your teeth have moved. What great pics :!: You must be really pleased.

deborah

#258 Post by deborah »

cancelled 2nd post as same repeated :!:

shinyRiver

#259 Post by shinyRiver »

Wow. I hope my canine moves as fast as your tooth did! That's amazing!

elpi

#260 Post by elpi »

wow, your lateral incisor is barely recognisable! cool :)

I had to laugh at your dog with a chew toy analogy, my hubbie says sometimes with braces I eat like an otter eating fish!!! :lol:

rolo

#261 Post by rolo »

Hey Martin your nemesis tooth has jointed the party! Gosh he's lined up in such a short space of time. You must be so pleased with the results!

Megan11

#262 Post by Megan11 »

Hello Martin!

Question for you!

The tooth you had that was pretty far in the palate, I believe its called your incisor....when that tooth was being pulled up to the arch did it bring your gum along with it?

Damon 3's
First 6 Clear/Metal

TumbleDryLow

#263 Post by TumbleDryLow »

Hey Martin,
Haven't heard from you in awhile. How are things going?
-Angela

martinboyce

#264 Post by martinboyce »

IM BACK BABY!!!!

Hello everyone, its been a while but hey im back.

Firstly, a catch up. Over the last 3 months / 3 adjustments ive felt that progress has really slowed down, and when that happens firstly the wind goes right out your sails and the ability to talk about your own teeth kind of drops off too.

If anything ive found this middle ground being the toughest part so far.

Well anyways. My last 2 adjustments have been a little more interesting.

My adjustment a month ago was a particularly different experience. Firstly it was a longer appointment as he needed to move my brackets that were on the displaced teeth. When they were fitted my teeth were horribly out of alignment but now they are in line they need moving. Well not knowing what this meant or how they did it i was intrigued to learn how they removed them from the teeth. I was thinking maybe a solvent or chemical that made them just drop off.

OH BOY WAS I WRONG!

I needed 2 relocating and one reattaching that had dropped off.

So i lay there and before i knew it he had these "special" pliers baring down on my front and lateral incisor. The pressure on the teeth was quite heavy (probably wasn’t, but naked sensitive teeth exaggerated the sensation) and CRUNCH! CRUNCH as this contraption destroyed the brackets bond to my tooth the old fashioned way! My ortho must be a Jedi coz he sure used THE FORCE!

I must say it was probably the single most unpleasant thing iv encountered thus far, and as much as im looking forward to getting my braces off im crapping my pants about having all my teeth done, and the metal rings removed.

Well anyway. Brackets were then re applied (which is a much nicer experience)

My last appointment was yesterday, and again, something new to report.

Since i had teeth out, springs and power chains pulling and pushing to make the gap for my nemesis tooth for 6 months. Now the tooth is in line with the others i noticed that there was now surplus space. Great!

But yesterday this was addressed with the addition of a full powerchain around the front both top and bottom. Stretched over the brackets as its applied applying a squeezing force around the archwire.

Now they say miracles done happen but within 12 hours! YES HOURS all the gaps had gone. there was quite a bit of space too. But this did not come without a price. Today i am in more tooth discomfort than i have been throughout my whole treatment. They all seem significantly more sensitive. Even hot and cold sensitive as well as the obvious pressure sensitive.
But i am really chuffed with them.

The next stage is going to be moving rear teeth forward over the gaps, (of which only 3 remain) one has completely closed. Which is amazin as the holes were flipping massive.

Here are my updated updates!! lol

thinking back to how my teeth were is amazin.

ARCH

RIGHT SIDE (Nemesis Tooth)

LEFT SIDE

PROGRESS FROM BEGINNING TO NOW

Talk to me peeps, im back!!!

HUGS TO YOU ALL!![/b]

Rachel B

#265 Post by Rachel B »

Hi Martin,

Your progress is astounding! That perfect arch you have on the top is incredible, especially compared to your early pics.

I've had my braces on a week and a half now and if I end up with as much progress as you've had I'll be delighted!

:D Rach

brika

#266 Post by brika »

Your progress has been incredible, Martin! I'll be ecstatic if my wayward tooth is even half as mobile as yours was.
I hope your tooth discomfort vanishes as quickly as those gaps did! :D

*melissa*

#267 Post by *melissa* »

I had to do a double take at your newest pictures!!! I cannot believe how far you've come!!!!!! OHMYGOSH! It's simply amazing...

rolo

#268 Post by rolo »

Gosh Martin, they look so nice, you must be so pleased! They look really white too.

jenny101101

#269 Post by jenny101101 »

Unbelievable progress, Martin! You must be so pleased. I, too, went for an adjustment (today) and had a ton of stuff done...exciting, huh?
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

Miss Smiley

#270 Post by Miss Smiley »

Brilliant! Martin, I wouldn't have recognized you by those teeth!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix