Suspicious E-Mail

This forum is only for questions or comments about the message board itself. Got a question about this Board, a comment, or something else you want to relate to the site administrator? This is the place to do it. If there's a bug in the board, let us know about it here!

Message Board Status:

The message board is functioning normally.

Please remember, you must make a post after registering.
ACCOUNTS WITH ZERO POSTS WILL BE DELETED AFTER 24 HOURS

If you have trouble logging in, please close the message board and totally clear your browser cache of EVERYTHING, including cookies.

Accounts sometimes get de-activated when you change your password. If your account gets de-activated, send an email to the administrator: webmaster (at) archwired (dot) com. Include your username. The admin can reset your password and/or re-activate your account.[/color]

Moderator: bbsadmin

macgirl4ever

Suspicious E-Mail

#1 Post by macgirl4ever »

Just a heads up, I received a very suspicious e-mail that seemed as though this site's security has been compromised.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Braced: 20 months March 2009-November 2010

bbsadmin

Re: Suspicious E-Mail from "ArchWired"

#2 Post by bbsadmin »

No, it's just a spoof. They can spoof any email. Ours isn't special, nor has it been compromised.

If you get an email like this, please mark it as SPAM in your email program. If you look at the real sender (view email source -- or view headers), you'll see that it's not us at all, it's a totally different email address and domain. The one I received was actually from dreamfact.net. You can ban that domain from your email if you want. Just go into the filters or security settings of your email account (whatever provider you use) and look for filters or ban addresses, etc.

Type in this: *@dreamfact.net

Then you won't get emails from them anymore.

Of course, that won't stop others from spoofing us. It happens all the time with all sorts of email addresses and there's no way to stop it.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!