New registered members cannot even view files or attachments?

This forum is only for questions or comments about the message board itself. Got a question about this Board, a comment, or something else you want to relate to the site administrator? This is the place to do it. If there's a bug in the board, let us know about it here!

Message Board Status:

The message board is functioning normally.

Please remember, you must make a post after registering.
ACCOUNTS WITH ZERO POSTS WILL BE DELETED AFTER 24 HOURS

If you have trouble logging in, please close the message board and totally clear your browser cache of EVERYTHING, including cookies.

Accounts sometimes get de-activated when you change your password. If your account gets de-activated, send an email to the administrator: webmaster (at) archwired (dot) com. Include your username. The admin can reset your password and/or re-activate your account.[/color]

Moderator: bbsadmin

fixYourPermissions

New registered members cannot even view files or attachments?

#1 Post by fixYourPermissions »

I just got my braces off today and I wanted to look at other people's retainers, lo and behold I can't view any attached images because "You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post."
So then I made an account. I still get the error message "You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post."

It'd be nice if guests and new users could view images. Full facial images are already banned so I'm not sure what would be the problem with allowing guests and new users to view images. Some of us just like to lurk and learn.

bbsadmin

Re: New registered members cannot even view files or attachments?

#2 Post by bbsadmin »

When you make enough posts and your user name turns green you will have full privileges. Until then, the restrictions will stand. Sorry about that, but it's meant to keep things on this board more private and to stop spammers.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!