Lip Balm/Lip Gloss

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

LiveWire

Lip Balm/Lip Gloss

#1 Post by LiveWire »

I have read that your lips get really dry when you have braces and that it is advisable to have some type of lip balm/gloss with you at all times. Anyone want to suggest what ones that they prefer? I am looking for something with a little bit of a shine or gloss to it if possible? :-#)

Hope to hear from you all! :D

Enjoy life to the fullest and take chances! :0)

amychelle

Softlips

#2 Post by amychelle »

I really love mine - Softlips. It's like $1.50 for a long skinny stick of it. It comes in a few different flavors like Cherry, Vanilla, and Mint. It's got a little bit of tingle to it (not much) and I love how it keeps my lips healthy. There isn't much shine to it, but it's quality stuff.

2hOtT2HaNdLe01

#3 Post by 2hOtT2HaNdLe01 »

something with shine would be American Eagle Outfitters, color kit, sheer kissability, its a gloss and it smells and tastes REALLY good, depending on how much you put on, it can be like, barely there, or FULL ON gloss. its really moisturizing too, i use it wen i am at the orthos, cuz the gloves always wipe away the chapstick :roll: so, but if you dont shop at AE, just get like NYC brand clear lip gloss, im pretty sure it is less than a dollar! and you can find it in the makeup area in walmart. GOOD LUCK! :D
BRACED: March 16, 2005
DEBANDED: October 3, 2006

jaws

#4 Post by jaws »

The one brand that works better for me than any other is the Body Shop Lip Care SPF 15 with Vitamin E. I have tried MANY lipbalms and this is the only one that keeps me from getting super dry!

I also use carmex at night sometimes if the corners of my lips are really cracking.

A decently priced lip balm with gloss is Revlon Skinlights Glosslights for Lips.
Braces are Now Off!
Metal Braces Top and Bottom
Expanders Top and Bottom
April 11th 2005-June 27th 2006

CelestialVoices

#5 Post by CelestialVoices »

KK wrote:I will use nearly any type of lip balm as long as its got a SPF rating, as I think we should protect our lips from the sun.

A brand I like is Blistex!
Same here, Blistex is good and I'll probably keep using it once I get braced.

ricardo2

#6 Post by ricardo2 »

I have to agree with jaws..... Body Shop Vitamin E is the only one for me!
http://www.thebodyshop.com/bodyshop/bro ... d=cat30022

I've tried loads over the years, but I'm gonna stick with this (excuse the pun!) :wink:

It tastes yum too & lasts forever!

LUCY xxx

LiveWire

WOW - thanks for so many great suggestions!

#7 Post by LiveWire »

Hey guys! :) Thanks SO MUCH for posting so many different suggestions...I am going out tomorrow to stock up some things and now I have a whole list of lip balms/glosses to choose from!

I really appreciate your input! :wink:

swan

#8 Post by swan »

I like Essence of Nature Lip Healer. It contains aloe vera, vitamin E, calendula, and chamomille. has SPF15, and is also cruelty free to animals. And petroleum free.
Works great for my lips.
If you are in California - Trader Joe's has it in a three-pack.
Metal braces from March 24, 2005 until July 30, 2007. Estimate was 18-24 months, but I had them for 28 months.

wating4braces

#9 Post by wating4braces »

Ohh, burts bees lip balm is AWESOME. Not many people like it, but they have a huge variety. They have just regular lip balm, gloss with shine, gloss with color... the regular stick form is what i use. Its kind of like carmex but lasts longer. It's peppermint and kind of tingles when you put it on. I love it! The only problem is that I have only seen it at bookstores like Borders. It is very worth it though! :D

Katie

LiveWire

#10 Post by LiveWire »

Thanks for you posts - I have found my favourie to be the Blistex Lip Medex and there is another one that is very glossy and tastes and smells like coconut made by blistex as well...Lip Action or something? :D

I am in Canada so some of the products you mention I have not been able to find so far... :cry:

Thanks again! :lol:

CelestialVoices

#11 Post by CelestialVoices »

The Blistex "Complete Moisture" (blue tube) kind of tastes like vanilla...yum :)

alexa

#12 Post by alexa »

I lub lemon sorbet softlips.
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

LiveWire

#13 Post by LiveWire »

The wonderful lip gloss I was talking about was Blistex - Lip Infusion..v.ery glossy, smells much like coconut or something, and stays on for a very long time....just remembered the name of it! :)

Thanks again for posting so many great suggestions! :lol:

Grapefruit

#14 Post by Grapefruit »

hi,

i know u have a whole bunch of suggestions, but seriously this one is the best:

http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/browse. ... ine_detail

from bath and body works, called Mentha Lip Shine, it is AMAZING! It has a great menthol-y/minty flavor and i have full/big lips and i only need to apply it like every hr or so! Its a lil pricy for lip balm, but it is really really good and its large as well. And as a bonus, it freshens ur breath!

Check it out!

bye!
--i luv sports.......and shoes--

LiveWire

#15 Post by LiveWire »

Thanks for the suggestions...I am going to see if I can get some of these great products in Canada...sometimes it is a little difficult to find some of the products listed on this website ...like Crest Glide Threadder floss..have never seen it here yet....

Thanks again :D