Lip Balm/Lip Gloss

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Braced@15

lip balm of the GODS!

#31 Post by Braced@15 »

I have to say that my favorite lip balm/chap stick (whatever) has got to be Burt's Bees kind that comes in a little yellow tin! That stuff is absolutely heavenly!! Just a little insight from someone obsessed with soft lips!

H Rogers

#32 Post by H Rogers »

Hello everyone! :D
I have tried the Bee Burt and that was working for awhile and then the Blistex Ultra Moisture but they quit working. :roll: Once I got my lower braces put on my lips have been so badly chapped that they bleed. :soremouth: Anyway, a pharmacist recommended to me Aveeno Intense Relief Lip Therapy. It's new and it works wonderful. My lips are on there way back to being normal. :thumbsup:

fins

#33 Post by fins »

Burts Bees with a tint is great, I like it much better than lipstick. If you have really dry lips use carmex but use it 5-6 times per day. It only works for me if I use it constantly. You could also try juvena for lips - sephora carries it.
fins

hannah164

#34 Post by hannah164 »

I just went out and bought Softlips and Blistex Lip infusion and I really like them both! I still use Vaseline every night before bed. I think I'd like to try Body Shop Lip Care SPF 15 with Vitamin E for Christmas! I'll let you know how that one is.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

-Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

bracedintx

Lip glosses

#35 Post by bracedintx »

Grapefruit wrote:wow! Ur welcome my Canadian brethren! lol I grew up in canada and we moved here in 2000....i miss it sooo much! I love CANADA! I used to live in Ottawa....

I guess we're the only ones who know wat Tim Hortons (TIMMY'S) is...! lol
I used to live in Ottawa too! And, I moved to the US in 2000 :)

I'm pretty sure they don't sell Burt's Bees in Canada...Blistex is good but I find it a bit waxy. Origins has really nice shiny lip glosses. They're not too thick, they're tingly and they taste like vanilla and mint.

Liza Bee

#36 Post by Liza Bee »

I have several but the one I keep returning to is Blistex LipFusion. I noticed someone else here likes it, too. It is not like a waxy chap stick. It is a liquid delivered with a metal roller ball. I've had no chapped lip problems since I started using this.

Liza

johnnys_angel

#37 Post by johnnys_angel »

Liza, I really love this stuff too! I tried it just for fun but it's fabulous..it goes on like a gloss and it looks like a gloss, but it FEELS like medicated lip balm. I also love the Mentha Lip Shine (Ultra!) and plain old Chapstick
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05:

kirst1583

#38 Post by kirst1583 »

I haven't tried the Blistex LipFusion. Not sure if it's sold here but will keep my eye out for it.
Chapstick is my favourite though, especially the strawberry one.

fozzy

Re: Lip glosses

#39 Post by fozzy »

bracedintx wrote:I'm pretty sure they don't sell Burt's Bees in Canada...
Sure they do. At least, in Western Canada (Vancouver area) you can get it at any London Drugs store.

afrederick

#40 Post by afrederick »

If you're looking for shine, Lipfusion is a wonderful lipgloss. It isn't sticky like a lot of shiny glosses. It's a metal ball roll on gloss, has a nice flavor and is very silky.
Pain is inevitable; misery is optional.

Lin

#41 Post by Lin »

I prefer using a cocoa butter stick most of the time. It melts slightly on contact with my skin, filling in all the dry spots with moisture that stays most of the day and soaks in. The best part is that it smells like chocolate to me!!! I tend to use the Palmer's brand. You can get it here in the USA.

If my lips are feeling particularly damaged, I use liquid vitamin E (glass tube with metal roller) from my local natural foods store. It also makes my lips really shiny and glossy! It's similar to this one. 8)
-- Lin | Braced on 1/31/06 | 5 extractions + Canine Exposed 4/19/06

Brandyleigh35

#42 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Well I think I have literally tried every single kind you folks have recommended and then some. I have bought just about one of everykind I could find. Blistex, chapstick, Lip infusion, Body shop vit E, and Body shop Cocoa butter, vaseline, Aveeno SPF, and several other gloss types. Most of these feel nice and smooth going on, but I found they did very little to actually heal or reduce the lines in my lips.

I have to say that unequiviacally the best I have found so far is CARMEX. I hate the taste of this stuff, always have, but I do have to say that it works. If you are looking to keep your lips moisturized and crack free this is the one to use.

My husband even commented on how smooth my lips feel now, so I'm sticking with this one. Sometimes I use it underneath gloss and it works very well also. You get the moisturizing benefits plus gloss on top.

Flora2006

Re: Lip glosses

#43 Post by Flora2006 »

fozzy wrote:
bracedintx wrote:I'm pretty sure they don't sell Burt's Bees in Canada...
Sure they do. At least, in Western Canada (Vancouver area) you can get it at any London Drugs store.
They sell it all over Toronto as well.

I use Yves Rochers' Nourishing Lip Balm...it's amazing. I love it.
Lush is amazing too. I have this mint lip balm from Lush that I love as well.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Bloom707

Lip gloss

#44 Post by Bloom707 »

I love lip gloss!Im totallyadicted to it!I have ,like, millions! :D
***AND I WONT GIVE UP,NO I WONT BREAK DOWN,SOONER THEN IT SEEMS,LIFE,TURNS AROUND.AND I WILL BE STRONG,EVEN WHEN IT ALL GOES WRONG.WHEN IM STANDING IN THE DARK I STILL BELUVE,SOMEONES WATCHING OVER ME***

rockexrolloh

#45 Post by rockexrolloh »

Softlips!! You can get it anywhere and its cheap. It's really good on severly chapped lips. And it tingles!