finishing questions

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

rapunzel

finishing questions

#1 Post by rapunzel »

How much and how many times are your teeth contoured? (shaved/shaped).
Does it make you nervous?
If a tooth can be rotated/tilted to improve the angle and appearance for both the top and bottom of tooth the tooth, isn't that preferred to contouring it?

Do you insist on being a part of decisions regarding the shape and angle of your teeth? or do you just go with the flow and let them do whatever and hope for the best?

Is 4 months enough time for finishing?
IMO, for me, we still need to rotate a couple teeth that tilted from being pulled in during closing space.
My top midline is still off to one side (but they think it is fine).
The occlusion on one side is still working on coming down and probably will need elastics (never used elastics before...not sure how they are going to fix the occlusion)
My lateral incisors still look slightly behind my front teeth, on the mesial? surfaces (they weren't like that when we started).
And my bottom central incisors now sometimes hitting/scraping my top central incisors...making a noise like a chalkboard (ugg). I mentioned it before and hey did a resin stop to push things forward...but it is doing it again. (sigh).

Also, bad headaches, lots of jaw pops/pain and now my ears popping all the time...my head is not happy. Do you think this will resolve?
I am hoping it is just a phase of "worse" in the roller coaster of braces...where the teeth get better, better, then what the heck worse, then better... anybody else have concerns about finishing?