Which toothbrush to pick-up?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

soap94

Which toothbrush to pick-up?

#1 Post by soap94 »

Hello, i'm new here. Sorry if it is a wrong thread)))
I am concerned about my teeth, and would like to buy a good toothbrush. Maybe there are some ideas and recommendation?
Of course, I've checked amazon, but it's difficult to trust all these fake reviews. I read some articles, but haven't found anything decent.
Would be so thankful to get some recommendations.

EmilyTravels

Re: Which toothbrush to pick-up?

#2 Post by EmilyTravels »

I think the most important thing is that it be SOFT bristled and the interior bristles indented vs. the outer ones. My ortho gave me one to start with that had those characteristics, but it seemed to be a real cheapie. I used it for a couple of weeks, then found a Colgate model that is working well to brush my brackets. Sorry, no longer have the package so can't tell you which model, but it did say "extra soft".

assertives

#3 Post by assertives »

I'm loving the ortho toothbrush from curaprox. It is soft and comfortable on the gums, yet thorough in cleaning my teeth. It also feels good in my hand. It's not really cheap but it's definitely my favorite one so far.

EmilyTravels

#4 Post by EmilyTravels »

assertives wrote:I'm loving the ortho toothbrush from curaprox. It is soft and comfortable on the gums, yet thorough in cleaning my teeth. It also feels good in my hand. It's not really cheap but it's definitely my favorite one so far.
Thank you! I've put this on my Amazon wishlist to order soon. Well worth $7 to get a really good toothbrush for braces! :tingrin:

bbsadmin

#5 Post by bbsadmin »

DentaKit.com carries several good ones, too:

https://www.dentakit.com/orto1.html
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Speck

#6 Post by Speck »

I'm kinda partial to the GUM 409 w/stimulator. It's a simple soft-bristled brush.
-Andy