Colgate Phos-Flur vs ACT Total Care Anticavity Fluoride

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

snbar

Colgate Phos-Flur vs ACT Total Care Anticavity Fluoride

#1 Post by snbar »

I have been using Colgate Phos-Flur for 8 month now and I really like it. I have tried ACT braces care but I feel that it is not as effective as Phos-Flur in preventing white spots (my main concern). My orhtodontist recommended me to use Phos-Flur but I recently I found out that my clinic doesn't sell it anymore. I live in Singapore and Colgate Phos-Flur is not sold in drugstores. I am looking into buying them from US and getting them shipped to Singapore but the total price after shipping seems really expensive. I am looking at cheaper alternative and saw that ACT Total Care Anticavity Fluoride Mouthwash has Sodium Fluoride (0.05%) (0.02% w/v Fluoride Ion). This somewhat comparable to Colgate Phos-Flur's of Sodium Fluoride (0.04%) (0.02% w/v Fluoride Ion). Anyone has experience in using the former? I also noticed that unlike Phos-Flur, the former doesn't have Phosphoric Acid.