Plaque HD toothpaste reveals plaque as you brush - Now at DentaKit.com

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

bbsadmin

Plaque HD toothpaste reveals plaque as you brush - Now at DentaKit.com

#1 Post by bbsadmin »

DentaKit.com recently began carrying Plaque HD Toothpaste. This cool new product reveals the plaque on your teeth as you brush. It has been in the news quite a bit recently, so I thought I'd provide a link to the product: http://www.dentakit.com/plaquehd.html

It's a bit pricey but IMO it does a really good job. Considering that the whole family can use one tube for weekly "brushing checkups," it's not a bad value! It's a valuable tool for teaching kids to brush effectively,and it can be really helpful for people with braces.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Aspiring

Re: Plaque HD toothpaste reveals plaque as you brush - Now at DentaKit.com

#2 Post by Aspiring »

I bought this for my kid, to help her learn to brush properly. Never showed any plaque at all.

Tried it on myself. Nothing. Not even when I used it as a mouthwash of sorts, without brushing, first thing in the morning. My teeth were definitely not clean but nothing was disclosed by this toothpaste.

It does do a good job of staining the skin around your mouth, though.

Does it work as toothpaste? Yes. Does it work as advertised, to stain plaque? No.