Tea/coffee stains on teeth.

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tamuka

Tea/coffee stains on teeth.

#1 Post by Tamuka »

I drink a lot of black tea and I've noticed that my teeth seem to get more stained or maybe the stains just look more noticeable since I got my braces. I'm going to give up the black tea now but what do I do to get rid of the staining on the inside of my teeth and make my teeth white again. I can't brush too vigorously as the braces make my teeth tender.

carrieann

Re: Tea/coffee stains on teeth.

#2 Post by carrieann »

I started oil pulling a couple weeks ago and to my surprise my teeth are so white. I didn't know pulling helped to whiten, but boy it sure does.

Class I bite, Crowding, Ant/Post Crossbite Tendency
18-20 months
Damon ceramic upper, metal lower

Clarmik

#3 Post by Clarmik »

carrieann wrote:I started oil pulling a couple weeks ago and to my surprise my teeth are so white. I didn't know pulling helped to whiten, but boy it sure does.
Do you use coconut oil? For how long do you swish it around in your mouth?

carrieann

#4 Post by carrieann »

Clarmik wrote:
carrieann wrote:I started oil pulling a couple weeks ago and to my surprise my teeth are so white. I didn't know pulling helped to whiten, but boy it sure does.
Do you use coconut oil? For how long do you swish it around in your mouth?
Yes coconut oil, organic. I swish in the shower each morning about 10 min. So sorry for the late reply!! My dental hygienist yesterday even commented on how white they are. Just don't spit down the drain, I hear it causes clogs. I spit in a cup.

Class I bite, Crowding, Ant/Post Crossbite Tendency
18-20 months
Damon ceramic upper, metal lower

Clarmik

#5 Post by Clarmik »

carrieann wrote:
Clarmik wrote:
carrieann wrote:Yes coconut oil, organic. I swish in the shower each morning about 10 min. So sorry for the late reply!! My dental hygienist yesterday even commented on how white they are. Just don't spit down the drain, I hear it causes clogs. I spit in a cup.
Thanks for replying!

znkbraces

#6 Post by znkbraces »

Drinking through a straw can help.

reen71b

#7 Post by reen71b »

I was just debanded 2 weeks ago. I drank coffee the entire time (2 years) I was in braces. I brushed 3-4 times a day with a baking soda based whitening toothpaste (I won't post the brand). When the braces came off, I had absolutely no stains whatsoever and my teeth are very white. It's the same toothpaste I used prior to the braces being put on. I will also note that I do not drink soda or any other processed drinks. I mainly drink water and coffee.