What type of floss do you use?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

FlyByNight

Re: What type of floss do you use?

#16 Post by FlyByNight »

Oral B superfloss that my dentist gave to me when I went for a cleaning. That stuff is great. One firm end to thread it through the brackets.

Mandywill70

#17 Post by Mandywill70 »

Thanks!

I just worked out I have been doing it wrong. I was trying to thread it through the space between my teeth instead up up through the bracket.

I thought I was going mad...thanks again!

paulwall

#18 Post by paulwall »

I've become obsessed with flossing since I got my braces in early May.

I use a combination of regular floss, interdental brushes (Dentek) and a Waterpik Aquarius with the "pik pocket" tip.

cauchy

#19 Post by cauchy »

I usually use Oral-B Glide floss with a separate threader, but sometimes I switch it up with Oral-B Superfloss since the built-in threader is easier to maneuver.

NikNax

#20 Post by NikNax »

I've purchased all types of floss, brushes and threaders. However I haven't gotten the Waterpik but it's on the list as I hear I should have one. But until then, I have fell in love with the spam spam spam flossers. I started using them shortly after I got my braces because I was really having a battle with the other floss. They fir nicely behind my wires. The first few times I used them, it took a while to get the hang of it. But now, flossing has become a breeze.

BraceEmilyB

#21 Post by BraceEmilyB »

I use oral b satin tape :jump:

Braced on 25th January 2017
Estimated time - 18 months

assertives

#22 Post by assertives »

I use a regular floss. I'm loving Dr Tung's smart floss. That floss gets everything out!

EmilyTravels

#23 Post by EmilyTravels »

I accidentally bought a brand of flossers from Walgreen that would not fit under my wires, so I have now ordered a big quantity of P L A T Y P U S flossers, which I know work since my ortho gave me a few to start out with. I also have a Waterpik.

EmilyTravels

#24 Post by EmilyTravels »

assertives wrote:I use a regular floss. I'm loving Dr Tung's smart floss. That floss gets everything out!
How do you get it under your wires? Or are in you in Invisalign?

assertives

#25 Post by assertives »

EmilyTravels wrote:
assertives wrote:I use a regular floss. I'm loving Dr Tung's smart floss. That floss gets everything out!
I have regular metal braces. I just thread it under my wires. I started out using the floss threaders, but I've kinda gotten the hang of getting it under my wires without the threaders after awhile.

EmilyTravels

#26 Post by EmilyTravels »

assertives wrote:
EmilyTravels wrote:
I have regular metal braces. I just thread it under my wires. I started out using the floss threaders, but I've kinda gotten the hang of getting it under my wires without the threaders after awhile.
You are lucky! Most of my teeth are so tightly spaced, even the floss threaders wouldn't work. :( So it's flossers for me.

kuclas

#27 Post by kuclas »

I just use the regular oral b glide floss I get from Costco stir.

LittleTooth

#28 Post by LittleTooth »

oral b glide from costco as well. I tried other types of floss and I don't like the feeling (feels like scratching your nails on blackboard, makes me cringe). I always tie one end to a threader and it makes it so much easier. It takes me only 5mins to floss. To be frank my teeth are 99% of the time clean and food doesn't get stuck in between teeth and very rarely around the brackets.

cakers

#29 Post by cakers »

I am still super new to braces and I really like the Oral B Glide with a built-in threader.

EmilyTravels

#30 Post by EmilyTravels »

I use regular waxed floss between the back two molars that don't have brackets, and flossers for braces between all the other teeth.