Dental Silicone Wax vs Silicone Ear Plugs

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

TerriBR

Dental Silicone Wax vs Silicone Ear Plugs

#1 Post by TerriBR »

Hello! At age 55 I am getting braces for the first time in a week and I'm trying to determine if the dental silicone wax is the same as the earplugs. Friends have recommended the earplugs for cost reasons but I want to ensure they are safe!

Thanks so much in advance for any advice or recommendations!
:-1

tonyk

Re: Dental Silicone Wax vs Silicone Ear Plugs

#2 Post by tonyk »

Good for you for getting braces! I'm a year older than you, and I will be marking my first month in Incognito braces tomorrow.

I used the dental silicone (I think we're not allowed to mention brand names?) but it comes in a double-barreled syringe. I've also used dental wax that you can buy in a pharmacy. The silicone seems to stick better, but they're almost equivalent. I have not used ear silicone, but I wonder if it's safe to put it in your mouth.

TerriBR

Re: Dental Silicone Wax vs Silicone Ear Plugs

#3 Post by TerriBR »

Thanks so much for your reply! I got my spacers on today and asked my orthodontist; he also recommended the dental silicone so I'm going with that! Thanks again!