What floss for really tight teeth??

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Toxgirl

What floss for really tight teeth??

#1 Post by Toxgirl »

I am having a hard time flossing between some teeth. I'm only on day 3 and some teeth are so tight I can't get any floss between them. I've tried the spam spam spam, Reach total care and Glide pro health and none of them can get between 2 tight spots that I've never had problems with before. I have a Waterpik but I would really like to get those two spots really clean. Any suggestions??

wmills

Re: What floss for really tight teeth??

#2 Post by wmills »

You might try the Dentek brushes for tight spaces. I know you can get them at the drug store and Walmart.

Bengals1418

#3 Post by Bengals1418 »

I use the crest 3d floss. it really gets between your teeth

EWUgal15

#4 Post by EWUgal15 »

I remember not being able to floss my teeth for almost a week after I got my braces put on...I tried lots of different things and ended up with Oral-B Glide Pro-Health Comfort Plus Floss...it's a ribbon floss, so it flattens out against the tooth very easily.

metalliKa

#5 Post by metalliKa »

EWUgal15 wrote:I remember not being able to floss my teeth for almost a week after I got my braces put on...I tried lots of different things and ended up with Oral-B Glide Pro-Health Comfort Plus Floss...it's a ribbon floss, so it flattens out against the tooth very easily.
I was going to say the ribbon floss...it is thin and can get easily between tight spots.
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

bbsadmin

#6 Post by bbsadmin »

Crest Glide Threader Floss will get into even the tightest spots.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

FullMetalMouth

#7 Post by FullMetalMouth »

Oral B Glide. The flat looking ones have been amazing.

Not only do they slide into tight teeth but they don't get stuck on brackets and shred into strands like some of the weaker or fabric based floss do.

ThoriatedFlash

#8 Post by ThoriatedFlash »

I use the Plackers Orthopick and Oral B Superfloss. Both seem to work well with really tight teeth.