Got my Waterpik!!

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

cs2thecox

Re: Got my Waterpik!!

#16 Post by cs2thecox »

The results from my dental hygienist would suggest they're way better! (Or maybe I'm just rubbish with conventional floss...)

Kirst29

#17 Post by Kirst29 »

I got mine yesterday! Was so excited buying it haha! I never ever floss. Have had my braces for 3 days and I have a feeling my gums will have never been healthier after getting these bad boys.

I got the Waterpik Ultra model and am using power 6. What is does everyone else use?

Ness

#18 Post by Ness »

They're soo expensive here in NZ, almost 4 times the price as on Amazon! Luckily shipping is reasonable, might have to import one

stephcsun

#19 Post by stephcsun »

UnevenJAG wrote:Decided to purchase a Waterpik Complete Care WP900, I used it for the first time last night to see how it would go, yes I splashed the entire bathroom mirror and myself, but it was great! My teeth felt amazing afterwards. My upper braces go on in just over two weeks so I'm guessing it will become pretty handy.
I love the waterpik :jump: That's funny I also splashed water everywhere the first day ..but yes its a ton of help with keeping the braces and teeth nice and clean

stephcsun

#20 Post by stephcsun »

Kirst29 wrote:I got mine yesterday! Was so excited buying it haha! I never ever floss. Have had my braces for 3 days and I have a feeling my gums will have never been healthier after getting these bad boys.

I got the Waterpik Ultra model and am using power 6. What is does everyone else use?
I was using 4, but recently increased to 6 it feels better

cs2thecox

#21 Post by cs2thecox »

I don't think I've ever looked at the numbers, but mine's all the way up as far as it goes! (I only have the spam though, so I think its top pressure is a bit lower than the Ultra.)

Took me a few weeks at the beginning to build it up, but wouldn't be without it now :HugeGrin:

KayKay

#22 Post by KayKay »

I LOVE my waterpik! I didn't know I would love it so much but definitely love brushing my teeth and pouring warm water into the waterpik and working my way around the wire. It feels awesome.
Looking forward to the new smile,
KayKay

wmills

#23 Post by wmills »

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY WATERPIK :heart: !! I'VE BEEN USING MY FOR A LITTLE OVER A MONTH NOW IN PREPARATION FOR BRACES. AFTER HAVING SPACERS PLACED (OUCH!!) IT WAS HEAVEN! I WILL ADMIT THAT THE FIRST TIME I USED IT, IT LOOKED LIKE I WAS TRYING TO GIVE A CAT A BATH. I HAD IT SPRAYING EVERYWHERE. THEN I LEARNED TO CLOSE MY MOUTH :lol: I USE IT ON EITHER 5 OR 6 RIGHT NOW. I DO A FULL TANK ON BOTH TOP AND BOTTOM, THEN A TANK ON MY UPPER AND LOWER GUMS. FEELS AMAZING!

girlgonemild

#24 Post by girlgonemild »

I have a WaterPik Aquarius and it's great! It has a small footprint (great for small bathrooms), comes with a ton of heads, and it works really well. It's a little loud, but I would expect that.

Skeetergirl

#25 Post by Skeetergirl »

I have a Sonicare Airfloss Pro, does anyone know if that would work or if I still need to buy a Waterpik?

UnevenJAG

#26 Post by UnevenJAG »

So I've had my waterpik for almost a year now, for those of you that also have one, how do you go about cleaning it incl the heads?

Almost a year on and I would recommend this to anyone, braces or no braces your mouth and teeth feel so clean afterwards
**Uppers Braced 18/07/2014**
**Bottoms Braced 17/09/2015**
Double Jaw surgery 11th Jan 2017
Blog - http://jacintasjawsurgery.com

Dureena

#27 Post by Dureena »

Uneven, just run some weak cleaning solution through the system. Bit of diluted vinegar works for me.

teeebeee

#28 Post by teeebeee »

Well, I finally got one. I'm still not sure I'm using it correctly...I ended up with a very clean eye after my first attempt! :lol: I also cleaned a spot on the ceiling and found out why you need to use warm water! :roll:

However, I like using it *sucker for a gadget* and, hopefully, it's doing me good! I'm at the dentist on Monday so I'll get him to check.

T xx

ETA for Brits - it's only £41.99 in Boots at the mo!

Skeetergirl

#29 Post by Skeetergirl »

Thanks for the giggle, teeebeee! :lol:

From all this brushing, flossing, waterpiking (I actually have the Sonicare AirFloss), and missing my mouth while flicking toothpaste everywhere it is mandatory to keep the bathroom mirror wiped clean... see, there is a bright side and a bright mirror! :D

Braces, Transpalatal Arch and Lower Lingual Arch
Start Date: 05/20/2015 (1 week before my 56th birthday)
Estimated Treatment Time: 24 months
Debond Date: 10/19/2017 (2 years 5 months)

teeebeee

#30 Post by teeebeee »

If ever there was a process fraught with hilarity, it is this! :lol:

It's good to be able to share moments along the way here with people who'll get it!

T xx