Got my Waterpik!!

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

selene1123

Re: Got my Waterpik!!

#31 Post by selene1123 »

I just got my Waterpik Aquarius a couple days ago in preparation for getting my braces on at the end of the month, and I think I got more water on the vanity than I did in my mouth! I guess I have to practice, practice, practice! :lol:

metalliKa

#32 Post by metalliKa »

gpac wrote:is the Waterpik really more effective than string floss? I don't really mind threading, but if it's just as effective it would save some time.
The Waterpick is not to replace regular flossing. It does get gunk around your teeth out, but not in between them. I don't have one and regular flossing (with threader of course) is doing just fine for me.
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

Camblkid

#33 Post by Camblkid »

I picked up a waterpik the day after I got my braces put on, and am so glad I did! The first time using it was a lot of fun, I got water all over the place! I've got it down to a good practice now and my teeth and bathroom are clean!

kelly88

#34 Post by kelly88 »

I finally ordered myself a Waterpik (from Amazon) which arrived today. I'm so excited about it! I tried it for the first time after lunch today. I used it before brushing (added a bit of mouthwash) and my mouth already felt really clean before I'd even started brushing. It's much more powerful than I was expecting (a good thing!)

coryjames

#35 Post by coryjames »

Just used mine for the first time, wow it's powerful. Had it on 4 , and felt like it might be doing damage to my gums haha. What a strange feeling, I will stay at 2 and work my way up, very cool product!!!!!!

I got the waterpik ultra in black, incase you we're wondering.

momzia87

#36 Post by momzia87 »

Wow all these reviews r amazing...i hv ordered my waterpik too n cant wait fr it to arrive

lilyflower

#37 Post by lilyflower »

I caved and got the Aquarius because even now flossing three times a day my mouth still felt gross from things getting stuck in spaces and on my attachments. It took a few tries to get the hang of it. I also sprayed the bathroom quite a bit lol.

It definitely works as a good adjunct to floss in tight spaces or crowded areas (which are notioriously hard to keep clean). I also find myself using the gum massage feature figuring it can't hurt to do gentle stimulation with all the movement going on.
The problems:
Lower crowding, a slightly rotated upper canine and a deep bite

Invisalign G5 started Oct 12, 2015
Attachments: 21
Total number of trays: 28 upper, 38 lower
Estimated treatment time: 18 months
Follow my progress http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=49130

gingenie

#38 Post by gingenie »

I really like mine and it was quite a reasonable price on Amazon (less than £50). I tend to fill it from the first offerings of hot tap so the water is just warm. My mum and dad, who don't have braces but do suffer from gum disease, also have a waterpik and swear by it.

Beckett

#39 Post by Beckett »

I'm trying to decide if I need a Waterpik. I found a cordless rechargeable for $36. Waterpik brand. Flossing is proving to be extremely difficult as some teeth have gotten tighter than before, and they were pretty tight in the first place. And even if I do get it threaded in there I don't think I do a very good job with the limited range with the brackets and wire in the way.

Should I really get one?
Braces for 18 months/4 days.

starokada

#40 Post by starokada »

I just ordered mines and picking it up after work! :D Can't wait to go home and try it.

megL

#41 Post by megL »

what's a waterpik?

samsung95

#42 Post by samsung95 »

Didn't even realise you could get them in the UK

kelskelskels

#43 Post by kelskelskels »

The water pik is incredible! I purchased mine a couple days before I had my braces put on and am so glad I did. I always use it after I eat when I am at home and can't believe some of the things that come out when I use it! It was a little hard to get used to ... there were a couple times I forgot to turn it off before taking it out of my mouth making quite a mess!

BlondeCam

#44 Post by BlondeCam »

I've been considering buying one, you all are helping me decide to JUST DO IT!

Kaywangen

#45 Post by Kaywangen »

Got my braces today, and my sister(who had braces 11 years ago) is sending me a water pick for a braces present. Can't wait to try it!