Oil swishing Jawercerciser

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

rose

Oil swishing Jawercerciser

#1 Post by rose »

Now Ive got braces every morning when I wake up I take a mouthful of coconut oil and swish for 15 minutes also I use the Jawercerciser as Im on liquidised foods it strenghtens the teeth when you are not chewing and makes salivia which cleans the mouth.

wickedmom

Re: Oil swishing Jawercerciser

#2 Post by wickedmom »

[quote="rose"]Now Ive got braces every morning when I wake up I take a mouthful of coconut oil and swish for 15 minutes also I use the Jawercerciser as Im on liquidised foods it strenghtens the teeth when you are not chewing and makes salivia which cleans the mouth.[/quote]
I've heard about oil pulling, but never thought it could be beneficial with braces! It's supposed to be reply good for your gums.

juliecee

#3 Post by juliecee »

I don't have my braces on yet, but I swish coconut oil for about 15 minutes every morning, too. It's made a big difference in my gum health and tartar control. I was wondering if I would have to stop once I get my braces. I wasn't sure if it would damage the adhesive or anything, but so far I haven't heard of anyone who has had a problem. I hope to keep it up for a long time!

shredie79

#4 Post by shredie79 »

I also pull coconut oil and got my braces yesterday. Both my dentist and orthodontist told me it would not harm the brackets or the bracket cement

KMC

#5 Post by KMC »

Glad I found this thread as I'm thinking of getting braces and was wondering if I could continue with Oil Pulling. Never heard of the Jawercerciser though - I'm going to look it up now !!

kleinblue

#6 Post by kleinblue »

I really want to try oil pulling. But 15 minutes? That sounds like forever. My jaw is sore (last appointment was 10 days ago, maybe that's why) and I'm cringing at the thought of it

wmills

#7 Post by wmills »

I was afraid I would have to stop oil pulling after having my braces put on. They are to go on next week. My orthodontist assured me it would be fine to continue :jump:

Kissyface30

#8 Post by Kissyface30 »

Old post but this just inspired me to go back to oil pulling to help control my gums issues :lol:
Crimes: overbite, overjet, spacing, mild crowding :-*
Sentence: 21 months :gavel:
Traditional metal upper & lower :BigTeethGrin:

Oversmite

#9 Post by Oversmite »

Will definitely try this!! I usually get busted for having not so great gums.

-MM
Braced: 10th March, 2016

Sentence: 18 months (no probation)

carrieann

#10 Post by carrieann »

I just started oil pulling with coconut oil 2 weeks ago. I read about the gum and tooth health benefits so decided to try. What I am surprised about is how white my teeth are! I haven't used whitening toothpaste in about 2 months and since oil pulling even the little stains in between my bottom teeth are disappearing. I have ceramic damons in top so my teeth are as white as the brackets. Brackets are whiter too. I know we aren't supposed to whiten while in braces...but techinally I'm not, I'm oil pulling! Just thought I'd let yall know if you are on the fence about trying this. I do about 10 min per day while I shower. My mouth feels great when I'm done. It may be helping my sore spots from the brackets too.

Class I bite, Crowding, Ant/Post Crossbite Tendency
18-20 months
Damon ceramic upper, metal lower

JadeWA

#11 Post by JadeWA »

I will try this for sure! It sounds... interesting :lol: