Colgate Optic White mouthwash

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Snowglobe32

Colgate Optic White mouthwash

#1 Post by Snowglobe32 »

Hello,

I bought this new mouthwash recently and I hate it! It left my throat sore and irritated, almost as if I had just had my tonsils removed.

Has anyone else tried it? Any opinions?

TMJJill

Re: Colgate Optic White mouthwash

#2 Post by TMJJill »

I've used it on and off with no problems personally.

I have a sibling who has had to stop using all mint products due to the irritation they caused. He has to work to find non-mint toothpastes he can afford.

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

Snowglobe32

#3 Post by Snowglobe32 »

Thanks Jill. That is good to know!

I went back to using Act mouthwash this week. I was able to use it for one night, woke up the next morning and had a severe sore throat for two days. I will stop using mouthwash all together for a while.

I know for sure the Colgate irritates my throat so I may use that stuff to soak my retainers but the Act causing the same thing is weird. I have used that for 4 years.

About 2 1/2 weeks ago I had my gallbladder removed, they use a breathing tube and that caused a sore throat for a couple of days. My mom suggested the issues may be caused from that...not sure though. I do know I will not use Colgate Optic White ever again as a mouthwash! I used this before my surgery and had the same reaction.

awhar79

#4 Post by awhar79 »

I like listerine fresh burst and cool mint. Sometimes it burns a little but that just makes me feel like it is working.

cs2thecox

#5 Post by cs2thecox »

I hate Listerine because of the burn! I think it's caused by the alcohol in the mouthwash, and leaves my mouth feeling horribly dry.
I try and use alcohol-free mouthwash as it doesn't cause that burn at the end (or sting on my poor tongue that is still getting sores from my lingual braces!).

My ortho recommended Colgate FlouriGard while I have my braces on, and sometimes my hygenist gets me to use Eludril.

LC*

#6 Post by LC* »

I'm currently using the Crest 3d White Glamorous White Rinse and am liking it so far! It does leave my tongue tingling a bit, but it goes away quickly.

bjohnson207

#7 Post by bjohnson207 »

Its gross!