Plastic tooth picks for braces.

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Old Lady

Plastic tooth picks for braces.

#1 Post by Old Lady »

I was given a product called Opal Pix by the Incognito orthodontist.
They are curved, very thin tooth picks which are really great for cleaning around wires and brackets.
I use them to remove all manner of food particles before brushing.

Norrie

Re: Plastic tooth picks for braces.

#2 Post by Norrie »

I have some that, but I prefer the DenTek Deep Clean picks that I got at Target a few days ago. I also have Incognitos, and am still trying to get used to them (just six days in so far).

kpw818

#3 Post by kpw818 »

Are these picks a must (getting braces on Tuesday)? I'm putting together my travel/work brushing kit. I didn't get any picks yet though.

Norrie

#4 Post by Norrie »

I would say so. I've tried several different ones, but my favorites are the DenTeks. They were really affordable (something like 200 for $2.75), and I probably use three a day. I keep some at work, in my purse, and in my car, along with a ton in the bathroom. I think that they're probably the most important/helpful thing that I've used since getting braces.

CCinBraces

#5 Post by CCinBraces »

Those are lifesavers. Walgreens carries them as well--and even ran a BOGO sale on the Orthopik brand.