Orthodontic heads for electric brush.

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Old Lady

Orthodontic heads for electric brush.

#1 Post by Old Lady »

I found the BRACES CARE Essentials kit for Oral B power brush to be a lifesaver.
I could not imagine brushing braces by hand.
I am really surprised that the orthodontist office I go to did not suggest power brush!!!

Woobster

Re: Orthodontic heads for electric brush.

#2 Post by Woobster »

My husband has an Oral B electric toothbrush (I haven't used it up to this point) and my ortho recommended the same set of heads. I bought one pack and figured I would give them a try.

I'm glad they worked so well for you!

anedia

#3 Post by anedia »

I ordered a set of the ortho heads for my oral b and I'm kinda excited about it lol

It came with two heads - one that looks like it goes around the bracket and then one that is smaller that would fit between
First Consultation: July 16th, 2013
Second Consultation: August 21st, 2013
Extractions (Wisdom + baby tooth): August 22nd, 2013
Brace Date: September 4th, 2013
First Adjustment: October 18th, 2013.

FireFinder

#4 Post by FireFinder »

I have a SonicCare, but could not find Ortho-specific heads for the one I have. I ordered a half-dozen manual OralB ortho brushes from Amazon. That and I have a popcorn thing, so a new water-pik is going to be needed.

cs2thecox

#5 Post by cs2thecox »

My hygenist recommended the ortho head but I asked my orthodontist and he said that there was a study published in one of the orthodontic journals proving they didn't work any better than a normal head. The main head manufacturer then comissioned a study to prove they *did* work, but he's still not convince and just recommended I use a normal electric brush head.

But I'm only 3 days in so I have yet to find out how clean things stay!