Best portable water flosser?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

pearlies

Best portable water flosser?

#1 Post by pearlies »

Hey y'all,
I have the Waterpik at home but I can tell I could use a portable one with enough power to blast out food particles on the go. I looked up the portable Waterpik on Amazon, but it does not have great reviews. There are other variations. I am just wondering if any of you have a preference for a portable flosser - mainly I'd like to blast out food particles after eating out, for those situations where tooth brushing is not practical....

TheKT

Re: Best portable water flosser?

#2 Post by TheKT »

[quote="pearlies"]Hey y'all,
I have the Waterpik at home but I can tell I could use a portable one with enough power to blast out food particles on the go. I looked up the portable Waterpik on Amazon, but it does not have great reviews. There are other variations. I am just wondering if any of you have a preference for a portable flosser - mainly I'd like to blast out food particles after eating out, for those situations where tooth brushing is not practical....[/quote]
I just purchased the travel version and so far I really like it.

cs2thecox

#3 Post by cs2thecox »

My dentist has one, but gets frustrated with the lack of pressure.
I guess it might work ok if it's not your main one though.

Mostly I rinse VERY vigorously and carry a couple of Tepe interdental brushes with me for extra bits. Much smaller (and cheaper) than a second WaterPik! (I have one at home and LOVE it.)

eatcake247

#4 Post by eatcake247 »

^Thanks for the suggestion, cs2cox! I might look into those interdental picks as oppose to buying a portable Waterpik. I just purchased the Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser on Amazon and I love it so much! I'm still at the lowest pressure as it felt so uncomfortable even turning up to level 4 :ThumbsDown: It felt like my teeth were coming out of place :o Hopefully, I can build my way up.

Yecats99

#5 Post by Yecats99 »

Has anyone tried the RediBreeze irrigator by Oral Breeze? It’s listed at $30 and it connects to your sink kind of like a water purifier in that you can use the toggle switch to simply choose between the RediBreeze or normal water flow from your faucet. The reviews are really great but want to get more opinions.

Thanks!
yecats

Chiharu

#6 Post by Chiharu »

Interdental brushes are better option than second Waterpik. Sometimes just nice rinse is enough.
Waterpik is really great, gums are perfectly healthy if you use it every day. I also started with level 3, but I'm on level 10 now, and level 10 cleans everything. :mrgreen:

Yecats99

#7 Post by Yecats99 »

Well I ended up buying the Redibreeze and It is so awesome! $30 and it’s great quality too. I love love love it. I am in control with the flow and the water temp. I love it-really!

Jamesbcd

#8 Post by Jamesbcd »

I have the Phillips Sonicare AirFloss, instead of a continued jet of water it does a burst of compressed air/water. Seems to work well and it's quite portable!

KMC

#9 Post by KMC »

I have the Oral Fresh ProJet and absolutely love it - I use it after brushing and can't believe how much "gunk" comes out, yuk!! It was a reasonable price and battery life is great. I wouldn't say it's a total substitute for flossing though (but that might just be because my teeth are overcrowded), but I still wouldn't be without it.

lorsa

#10 Post by lorsa »

I use the Waterpik Cordless Plus (better than the basic cordless). So far I really like it. It's not as powerful as the corded models, but for a cordless one it works great.

MissBraces

#11 Post by MissBraces »

I've also heard that the Phillips Sonicare AirFloss is a good one to get for travelling - although not as much pressure as a Waterpik it will work well for on the go. I'm thinking of getting one but so far have done well with the Interdental brushes :)

pjade1

#12 Post by pjade1 »

I like my P_a_n_asonic oral irrigator. I liked it so much, I bought a second one. It is more compact than all the other ones and it shoots those food particles right out. It does take regular AA batteries, which I like since I heard the Waterpiks sometimes have issues with the rechargable units.
07/14/14 - 4 spacers put in
07/25/14 - braces top and bottom put in minus 2 molar bands that they couldn't fit
9/11/14 - 2 spacers put in between the bottom back molars
9/19/14 - last 2 bottom molar bands in and all hooked up, new wire, started elastics too
10/14/14 - new square wire change and thick elastics
04/24/17 - braces removed!!! :BigGrin:

Mustbcrazy

#13 Post by Mustbcrazy »

[quote="pjade1"]I like my P_a_n_asonic oral irrigator. I liked it so much, I bought a second one. It is more compact than all the other ones and it shoots those food particles right out. It does take regular AA batteries, which I like since I heard the Waterpiks sometimes have issues with the rechargable units.[/quote]

Hi I just got braces a couple of weeks ago and I am getting a molar band next week. I currently have a spacer in between the molars that are getting banded. Did you ever get your molars banded? If so, does it hurt?

pjade1

#14 Post by pjade1 »

Mustbcrazy wrote:
pjade1 wrote:I like my P_a_n_asonic oral irrigator. I liked it so much, I bought a second one. It is more compact than all the other ones and it shoots those food particles right out. It does take regular AA batteries, which I like since I heard the Waterpiks sometimes have issues with the rechargable units.

Hi I just got braces a couple of weeks ago and I am getting a molar band next week. I currently have a spacer in between the molars that are getting banded. Did you ever get your molars banded? If so, does it hurt?
No, molar bands do not hurt. You have to assist in biting down on them but that did not hurt. The molar bands are not annoying like the spacers were either.
07/14/14 - 4 spacers put in
07/25/14 - braces top and bottom put in minus 2 molar bands that they couldn't fit
9/11/14 - 2 spacers put in between the bottom back molars
9/19/14 - last 2 bottom molar bands in and all hooked up, new wire, started elastics too
10/14/14 - new square wire change and thick elastics
04/24/17 - braces removed!!! :BigGrin:

djspeece

#15 Post by djspeece »

I have used the Oral B portable and was disappointed in its ability to dislodge food particles. Frankly, rinsing vigorously works just as well in comparison, in my experience.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying