Which Waterpik attachment?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

isthistaken

Which Waterpik attachment?

#1 Post by isthistaken »

Maybe this has been covered, but does anyone have advice on which Waterpik attachment is best? I have the Ultra with many different tips. I have been using the orthodontic tip with the little brushes, but wondering if there are any opinions on what is most effective.

steph56

Re: Which Waterpik attachment?

#2 Post by steph56 »

I use the regular tip and the ortho tip.

isthistaken

#3 Post by isthistaken »

Thanks, steph!

isthistaken

#4 Post by isthistaken »

Okay, so I got adventurous and tried the plaque-seeking missile..er..tip. OMg. Definitely dental shock and awe.... :thumbsup:

sablequeenie

#5 Post by sablequeenie »

I use the clear one and the one with the brush; don't know the official terms for them, but they seem to get the job done every night and my teeth always look just a little bit cleaner after I use them :)

I have the blue one though, and I've always wondered the difference between that and the clear; anyone know?

djspeece

#6 Post by djspeece »

I think the blue tip provides a lower velocity than the clear tips, if I am recalling the instructions that came with the machine. I've tried the brush thing but ended up using the clear tip at the highest setting. I was afraid to try the dental "shock and awe" device due to the warnings. Now I am intrigued, though. I thought the thing to clean your tongue was too slow although it did seem to tickle a little bit, which was sort of fun. :jokerlaugh:
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Woobster

#7 Post by Woobster »

I use the ortho tip and the regular tip both after every meal. I use the plaque-seeking tip a couple times a week.

groovyladyliss

#8 Post by groovyladyliss »

I use the ortho pik and it works really well. I also use the one for peridontal pockets, because I like how powerful the water jet is, and it makes me feel like I got everything out from between my teeth and around my braces.

cs2thecox

#9 Post by cs2thecox »

I just use the normal one.
I tried the shock 'n' awe one (plaque seeker or whatever) but couldn't see any difference! It felt less effective because I couldn't aim the water jet so well as the brush bits got in the way.
I've also tried the ortho one, but it's less help with linguals actually...

Although I just swapped my normal tip out for a new one. The old one didn't rotate in the handle, so it was really easy to aim, but the new one does rotate. Weird.
Anyone else found this?