Oral-B electric toothbrush heads

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Duncan5

Oral-B electric toothbrush heads

#1 Post by Duncan5 »

The top one (aka UFO) came with the brush; I've never used it as it looked far too likely to wrap itself around the brackets and end up in some Tom and Jerry-esque moment where I eat myself inside out.

The middle is the standard head you see in shops; I use it for normal cleaning.

The bottom was recommended by my hygienist and the smaller head is ideal for getting between brackets and under the wire. It is very controllable and has dislodged food fragments from behind the hooks more than once. But I've only seen them at my dentists (for just under £5 for two).

gramma2xander

Re: Oral-B electric toothbrush heads

#2 Post by gramma2xander »

I have the top one, I really like it.

Lizzie365

#3 Post by Lizzie365 »

I currently use the top one.. The floss brush head I think it's called? I haven't got my braces one yet.. But you can get an ortho head designed for braces.

I've already stocked up! Don't think I'll be brave enough to use any fancy brush heads encase I break them lol :tingrin:

anardh

#4 Post by anardh »

The top one (aka UFO) came with the brush; I've never used it as it looked far too likely to wrap itself around the brackets and end up in some Tom and Jerry-esque moment where I eat myself inside out.

The middle is the standard head you see in shops; I use it for normal cleaning.

The bottom was recommended by my hygienist and the smaller head is ideal for getting between brackets and under the wire. It is very controllable and has dislodged food fragments from behind the hooks more than once. But I've only seen them at my dentists (for just under £5 for two).[/quote]

Those three heads are for different purposes.

First head has rubber bristles to massage your gums and clean at the same time
Second one is a regular
Third is used to clean tight areas like in between teeth around brackets or crowns and implants.

In your case second and third heads are more appropriate for braces. There is a lot of food retention around brackets so just the small head (third one is not enough) You can definitely use the middle head brush. ( You have to) You just need to change the method you hold your toothbrush. Direct bristles downward (towards your brackets) when you are brushing your upper teeth, and upwards when you brush your lowers. This is to avoid trauma to your gums which then can lead to gingival recession.

Ask your hygienist what would be the best way to brush without damaging your gums.
7/10 patients i see suffer from aggressive brushing.

deessepeaubrune

#5 Post by deessepeaubrune »

aaaaaaahhhhhh....good to see people use the top one. that's my normal brush head and i'd love to not have to switch when i get those things on my teeth