Sensodyne Pronamel

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

crooked rory

Sensodyne Pronamel

#1 Post by crooked rory »

For years I have had sensitive teeth, and after getting braces, I decided to try the sensodyne I see in the TV commercials. I do not quite know how to describe it, but it is not really a "paste" like any others I have used. It squeezes right between the bristles of the brush, not sit on the surface. It also seemed to have a weird taste, presumable from the KNO3 active incredient. Anyway, it is amazing stuff. I did not feel it start to work over time, and even wondered it using it was worthwhile. After my last adjustment, I held a mouthfull of thick, cold milkshake to sooth the pressure on my teeth and gums. Then I realized, OMG, my teeth are not hurting at all from the cold :-#) Anyone else out there have such a dramatic improvement from it? I used to not be able to do that without pain.

bbsadmin

Re: Sensodyne Pronamel

#2 Post by bbsadmin »

I've been using this toothpaste for the past 6 months and really like it. I haven't tried the new one that comes out as a foam yet, but when my current tube of toothpaste is finished I'll give that one a try.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Snowglobe32

#3 Post by Snowglobe32 »

I tried using it for a few months and the only difference I saw was that I was paying more for it than my regular toothpaste. I am glad it works for everyone else though!

ChefNique

#4 Post by ChefNique »

Colgate has a sensitive toothpaste that might be a little cheaper than Sensodyne. Could give the same results.

bbsadmin

#5 Post by bbsadmin »

If the active ingredient (which I think is Potassium Nitrate) is the same, it should give the same results regarding sensitivity.

One thing that confuses me is the "pro-enamel" aspect of these toothpastes. The ingredients don't suggest that (aside from the sensitivity ingredient) there is anything different about them versus regular toothpaste. I plan to investigate this.

I've tried the new Sensodyne that is in the metal canister and so far I'm not very impressed with it. The toothpaste seems to get gunked up and block the opening. I find myself needing to rinse the top of the canister in warm water to ensure that no toothpaste gets stuck there. Not sure if I'd buy it again; I will probably stick to the regular 'ol tube.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

badbites

#6 Post by badbites »

I use this toothpaste and like it. I showed it to my ortho and she inspected it closely and gave it her seal of approval.

Good enough for me...;)

mrsbraceface

#7 Post by mrsbraceface »

YES! I really like this toothpaste :jump:

bannishg

#8 Post by bannishg »

After a bout with Crest WhiteStrips my gums and the roots of my teeth felt like they have been scuffed with sandpaper. Using this toothpaste felt like pouring a bucket of water on my flaming gums.

BellaBraces

#9 Post by BellaBraces »

I use it and have no complaints

mysticgirl916

#10 Post by mysticgirl916 »

I use the foam toothpaste on occasion and I like it, even though it's my mom's. It may go on gloppy but I love how the foam gets into the really tight spots