Prescription mouthwash

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

crooked rory

Prescription mouthwash

#1 Post by crooked rory »

Does anyone else here use prescription mouthwashes? After my long time ignoring oral hygene (pre-braces) my dentist prescribed me Peridex mouthwash. She said it would help prevent infections at the wisdom tooth that was coming through the gum (ouch) and also help my swollen whitish colored gums. It did both, though there was still plenty of plaque and tartar buildup under the gums from 10 years without seeing a dentist. A periodontist had to finish off what it started prior to my braces. Anyway, I asked my dentist if she would give me another prescription for it, she said yes and that it might help, and definately wouldn't hurt, with keeping my mouth clean during orthodontics. I know when I use it before bedtime, my mouth still feels pretty clean in the morning.

BracedSurgeryStudent

Re: Prescription mouthwash

#2 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

No but I use a special kind that isn't found in stores that my orthodontist gives at her office lasts 3 months and everything. They have three different flavors too. I suggest if you want to keep your mouth super clean you buy Colgate Peroxyl Mouth wash its cheap nad really great she gave me samples of it and it works AMAZINGLY.
Jenn Medeiros