Sugary wax - ughhh

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

jellybeans

Sugary wax - ughhh

#1 Post by jellybeans »

So my ortho gave me a pack of wax to put on my brackets just in case any of them bother me... I've been told it's edible/safe etc. But I notice a strong sugary taste in my mouth after placing the wax on my brackets for a long period of time, and I feel slightly nauseous afterwards.. maybe I"m borderline diabetic or something but does putting dental wax bother anyone else?

peanuts

Re: Sugary wax - ughhh

#2 Post by peanuts »

i dont know about sugary, but i really dont like the wax. it feels so grubby id rather have cut up gums! it feels like i havent brushed my teeth in days with that stuff!

ashesgap

#3 Post by ashesgap »

I haven't noticed the wax tasting sugary. You might want to try the ortho-sil at Dentakit. It's completely smooth when in your mouth and has no taste. I know it says you need to dry the brackets, but I've been able to just mush it on and it sticks just fine.
Good luck.
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

catgyrl

#4 Post by catgyrl »

Ortho-Sil is DA BOMB! Another plus is that it's clear, so it's not as noticeable as regular wax. It's also more mold-able than wax. Wonderful stuff!

belistic10

#5 Post by belistic10 »

where do you get this ortho-sil from? seeing as it seems so popular :) although i will wait and see if they give me anything and what brand :)

ashesgap

#6 Post by ashesgap »

I buy all my wax and ortho-sil from Dentakit.com my favorite wax is the cherry scented. I buy one wax and one orthosil at a time. The regular wax is great for the back teeth and the ortho-sil is best for the front teeth, since it's completely clear.
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

belistic10

#7 Post by belistic10 »

great thanks, i will be sure to order some quickly if they dont give me any good stuff!