pink dental wax sheets miraculous for canker sores!!!!!

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

GRILLZ

pink dental wax sheets miraculous for canker sores!!!!!

#1 Post by GRILLZ »

i have the worst god aweful canker sore in my cheek, i have tried everything, silicon gel....i can't get silicon wax to stick it's way back, behind the last molar on top. i've been to ortho twice to have him file that wire down and to put this special healing powder. it looked like notiing was going to work. he said he might have to take the bracket and wire off that last tooth, which i didn't want because that was alot of why i got braces on, to line up my back molars properly.

they gave me these thin sheets of dental wax, the kind they have you bit into when they make impressions. it's thin and hard, you have to soften it up a bit w/ hot water to get it to mold to the shape of where you want to put it....it's a little tricky to get it in place, but once it's in, it provides a hard smooth shield and that horrible horrible nasty canker store is starting to heal. i've only heen eating liquid shakes, yogard and mashed potatoes, i have avoided any chewing whatsoever, and keeping that pink wax on at all times. i haven't been so good about brushing in that area, but i've GOT to heal that sore, then i can worry about it.

this is what the stuff looks like

http://www.dental-waxes.com/modelingwax.htm

i don't know where they get it from, but it looks like the stuff above. apparently there are all sorts of thicknesses and types of pink dental wax, but if you are suffering horribly and nothing helps, this stuff will. it's a pain to have to cut it and mold it to the area, but a lot less of a pain than having a nasty canker sore that will not heal

i am practically weeping w/ gratitude. i can't tell you how much i have suffered these last two weeks. and now, it looks like the sore it starting to heal. it is such a deep one, it will probably take another 2 weeks to heal....but at least i'm on the way

THANKS G-D!!!