Oral-B orthodontic brush head

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

jennielee81

Oral-B orthodontic brush head

#1 Post by jennielee81 »

Not sure if y'all know about oral-b's orthodontic brush head for their toothbrushes.

You can get one for $7.99 at Drugstore.com. URL at the bottom.

They have an almost hollow center and therefore go around the brackets with more ease. Not to mention they last a little longer because the center is mostly empty and won't get as worn out.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod. ... LST-0-SRCH
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

ratwmn

#2 Post by ratwmn »

I bought my Oral B electric toothbrush from my regular dentist for $69 and they threw in extra brushheads, including and ortho brushhead. I think my dentist's office sells the brush heads. My son had a dentist appt. on Monday, so I am going to see how much they sell their ortho brushhead for and see if it is cheaper than $7.99. Essentials.com sells the ortho brushead for the same price. I can't find the ortho heads in Walmart, they just sell the regular brushheads.
Metal top and bottom:May 3,2005

ThisIsMary

#3 Post by ThisIsMary »

I actually just purchased an oral b as well as the orth heads for it. What I do is use the ortho head to go over all my brakets then I switch the noraml head to brush my teeth. I only do this at night along with the flossing, in the morning I just brush wih the regualr toothbrush. I love my new toothbrush and would highly reccomend it to anyone
[/url]

Ceramics on top
Metals on bottom
18 - 24 month duration
Removed September 27, 2006
Hawley top and bottom

aussierob

#4 Post by aussierob »

I use a oral-B - love it
Haven't bothered with the ortho brushes, use regular
or maybe a "extra soft" for sensitive times
Got a bunch of heads (regular) 18 x 4-pack on ebay for $60
can't beat that!

londonchick

#5 Post by londonchick »

i too was using an oral-b with ortho heads before i got my sonic oral b.

Just wanted to say that when i visited my hygienist she said that you should use a normal head for the back of you teeth. She said the staining on mine was due to the fact that the ortho head had bits missing in the middle and therefore was cleaning only the outeredges even though i used to move it around.

Much happier with my sonic which also got a huge thumbs up from the same hygenist the next time i saw her.

ThisIsMary

#6 Post by ThisIsMary »

that's why i use the ortho head on only the brackets and then the normal head for the rest. I"m hoping this way I'll keep my brackets and teeth very clean
[/url]

Ceramics on top
Metals on bottom
18 - 24 month duration
Removed September 27, 2006
Hawley top and bottom

naomi

#7 Post by naomi »

I have an Oral-B toothbrush as well. I use the orthodontic head to clean around my brackets and the regular head to clean the rest of my teeth. My dentist sells the orthodontic heads for $10 CDN. You can also buy them at Walmart and Shopper's Drugmart but they cost a little more.

~Naomi
Braced on: June 28, 2004
Debanding : June 16th 2006

To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater.
Bono