Interdental Brush

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

ashesgap

Interdental Brush

#1 Post by ashesgap »

When i first got braces my ortho gave me the perfect size for between the brackets. Now i've tried a few different brands and i can't find the right size. They're too small and don't clean well enough. Anyone have a favorite? Proxa brush or Interdental doesn't matter to me what they're called.
I've noticed Dentek has a bunch on Amazon but they dont' say if they're a certain size or not, so i can't tell if they're just the tiny ones. I dont' like the GUM ones either, they're too small.
Any help?
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

VancouverJude

Re: Interdental Brush

#2 Post by VancouverJude »

Hi,

I bet this is the one the "wide" model (blue body) of the GUM brand Go Between Proxabrush Cleaners.

I googled to find, and came across this page which has pix of all three and a video that didn't have sound for me.

http://www.dentalproductshopper.com/go- ... h-cleaners

They sell these at most drug store, but I've noticed the wide is sometimes not shelved or maybe just out of stock.

OH OOPS, just noticed you don't like the GUM ones? Hmmm, not I'm curious as to what the heck brand you did have. Was it wider than the "wide" Gum?

ashesgap

#3 Post by ashesgap »

Yep i've been buying the GUM ones online. The wide ones aren't wide enough. I like the DenTex ones on Amazon but have no idea if they have sizes. I guess i'll just have to wait a month to ask my ortho what kind he gave me. It was perfect and i could feel it cleaning the sides of the brackets.
29 years old
3-15-10 got braces
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
4-9-12 Deband!

ashesgap

#4 Post by ashesgap »

Ok I just ordered Piksters from drugstore.com. I'm trying two sizes, 1 and 5. I just need to see how big each one is. Hopefully they work out. I'll let you know when I see them. :D
29 years old
3-15-10 got braces
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
4-9-12 Deband!

ashesgap

#5 Post by ashesgap »

Ok, I got my Piksters in the mail today and they are awesome. The size 5 is perfect between the brackets. The wire is thick enough that its not bending as soon as i use it, which is a big problem with the other brands. The size 1 fits between all my back teeth, i never use them in the front ones(and they're mostly for my hubby anyways). And again, the wire is thick so it's better than the Denteks I tried. I got a 40 pack from drugstore.com for 15 bucks, and the package says each one can last up to two weeks. So the 5's might actually last till i'm done with braces. They have smaller packs also, if you just want to try them. Good luck in the never ending battle to keep these braces clean! :dance:
29 years old
3-15-10 got braces
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
4-9-12 Deband!

drgnchsr36

#6 Post by drgnchsr36 »

thanks for the tip :)

VancouverJude

#7 Post by VancouverJude »

Hey Ashes!

That's great news. I was curious when you bought Piksters so I looked them up online. [I knew that small size was going to be too small, but larger looked good.] Here's a chart showing their various sizes I found online.

http://www.aluro.co.nz/supplies/promotions_pikster.asp

I was just in the States visiting my buddy and picked up my supply of Glide Threader Floss (pretty much like Super Floss minus the spongy stuff BUT imho, more cheaply made.) It's okay pretty handy, individually wrapped, I got 4 packs of 30 (120 pieces) for about $22 ppd. If you weigh it out I do get free floss threaders from my Ortho -- and the trick is to tie a knot in the floss onto threader so it doesn't get lost) -- so w/my floss it's probably cheaper but this is a nice, convenient change.