WAX quality? hot liquids? danger of constant wear?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

VancouverJude

WAX quality? hot liquids? danger of constant wear?

#1 Post by VancouverJude »

Hi everyone.

On my upper rear bands I have headgear tubes attached for when I get Forsus down the road. They are really doing a number on me. Both sides but especially the right. Thank goodness for wax. Some days I can get away without using wax on the left side, but always on the right and pretty much 24-7.

My ortho does have silicone wax (GAC brand. I adore the glittery packaging) which I like, but due to the tube shape and the thinner wax the tube area pops through quite quickly.

I'd like to hear anyone's thoughts on these:

QUESTION ONE: Does wax quality differ? I've been getting what I believe is a "no name" wax from my ortho and while it's working I wonder if there is better stuff out there. Fave brands?

QUESTION TWO: Of course I take the wax out when I eat, but usually keep it in when I drink coffee, etc. It appears to sort of degrade the product making it softer. I wonder if there's a "heftier" wax out there? I keep it in because I hate to be reminded of the discomfort.

QUESTION THREE: If someone is wearing wax a lot I'm curious if there could be any consequences from tooth areas being covered? I'm thinking not but ya never know.

I'm going to visit Seattle later this month (I'm in Vancouver, Canada) and will try to stock up on the larger selection of brands of wax and orthodontic goodies available in the States.