DentaKit now carries Trace Disclosing Liquid

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

bbsadmin

DentaKit now carries Trace Disclosing Liquid

#1 Post by bbsadmin »

Well, you guys asked for it, so I added it. Trace Disclosing Liquid is now available at DentaKit.com. And within about 10 days, we'll also carry Two-Tone Disclosing Tablets, as well. For those of you not familiar with the product, "Disclosing Liquid" or "Disclosing Tablets" temporarily stain areas of your teeth and gums where you have missed brushing. It shows where plaque is hiding to help you brush more effectively.

I'd really appreciate some feedback -- is the "inset" photo of the teeth with the red stain too scary or a turn-off? It is rather shocking and I'm thinking of either changing it or adding some text to the photo, such as "Temporarily stains plaque red" or something like that.

Here's the URL for the product:

http://www.dentakit.com/trpldili2oub.html

Thanks,
Lynn
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

NervousNewbie

#2 Post by NervousNewbie »

Does anyone if brushing well one time will remove the tint, or if it stains for longer than that? That is my main concern about the tablets, is that a good brush sometimes doesn't remove all the staining.

Braced September 23, 2010
Debraced February 20, 2014
Estimated Treatment Time: 24 months
Actual Treatment Time: 41 months

My Journey

BaliGirl

#3 Post by BaliGirl »

Brushing very well (also flossing) will get off the tint.

I HIGHLY recommend using the disclosing liquid along with a little mirror to see the backs of your teeth/mouth. The first couple of times I used it I was HORRIFIED at the areas that I missed. I really thought I was doing a good job - brushing w/ regular brush, using an interproximal brush, flossing, rinsing.....yet there were areas I consistently missed and would never have known if not for the disclosing liquid. I also discovered that the interproximal brush I was using did not clean plaque off my teeth adequately.

Lynn, thanks for adding this! I was paranoid about my oral hygiene and ordered elsewhere (sorry!) but will reorder from dentakit when I run out.

To me, the picture is not too shocking (but I also read orthodontic journals for fun-I might just be weird). I'm glad I saw a picture of what my teeth might look like after using the disclosing liquid or I would have freaked out when it happened.

sadpanda

#4 Post by sadpanda »

Hi Lynn -

I kind of thought the mouth inset picture with the red dye was a little scary. I was going to order the trace disclosing liquid, but what actually worried me more than the picture was that it could stain fabrics and surfaces, and I know that would happen if I used it. I was hoping maybe they made one in a lighter color or something. I've decided to wait for the disclosing tablets, but I was wondering how they are used because I've never tried them. Do they dissolve in your mouth or something? I guess you'll say so when they get on dentakit.com.

bbsadmin

#5 Post by bbsadmin »

You chew the disclosing tablets, so they dissolve in your mouth. I suppose when you use the tablets, the only risk of staining would be if it dribbles out of your mouth onto your clothing or something. But I bet the something like Oxy-Clean would get out the stain on fabrics (that stuff is amazing).

I am going to see if I can come up with a less scary photo of teeth after using the red disclosing liquid!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!