What mouthwash do you like to use?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Amanda6

Re: What mouthwash do you like to use?

#16 Post by Amanda6 »

I use OralClens. It doesn't contain alcohol

BraceFace2o1o

#17 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

Unfortunately I cannot find the new Listerine one here :(, but I have found another new mouthwash that is free from alcohol and doesn't contain the ingredient Cetylpyridinium chloride :jump:.

It's called Dentyl Active Natural Defence. I bought it from a Boots store and it was in the 'New' section and has New written on the bottle. I have searched for it online and found NOTHING, so I have a feeling that it might just be a one off thing and once their stock of this product is gone they wont get anymore... damn! I really like it as well. It tastes nice and doesn't seem to be upsetting my mouth like other mouthwash has done before. It's also the only one in the UK that I have found that doesn't contain alcohol and no Cetylpyridinium chloride either :evil:. I knew I should have stocked up on it while I was at Boots! but it isn't exactly cheap, it cost me over £4 for 1 bottle.
Braces: Metal fixed upper and lower
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces Removed: August 2013 (after 33 months in braces)
Retainers: Upper & lower essix and lower bonded
My Story / Before & After photos

rwashington007

#18 Post by rwashington007 »

I use a mouth wash and tooth paste from this site http://www.epicdental.com/c-24-toothpaste-rinse.aspx

They have a lot of products that are good for your teeth too ie. mints, sugar free gum etc etc

Rach44

#19 Post by Rach44 »

I was using Crest Pro-Health but after reading quite a few articles about tooth staining, I decided to switch back to what I previously used. I'm now using ACT Total Care (green bottle).

Estimated Treatment Time: 30 Months

tashay1985

#20 Post by tashay1985 »

I used to use the pro health stuff but was afraid of staining so I started using blue ACT with fluoride and I like it a lot!

It took a few days to get used to because Im sensitive lol but its definitely not as strong as listerine. when I used to use listerine my eyes watered until i spit it out.

mrsbraceface

#21 Post by mrsbraceface »

my ortho reccommended that I use Colgate Phos-Flur Ortho defense at night. It's supposed to help against getting white spots on your teeth too.
My Blog----> mrsbraceface.wordpress.com

LucyLou

#22 Post by LucyLou »

I use Colgate Fluoriguard to help prevent cavities. It's also good because it doesn't taste too strong. I use it twice a day.

kellyb

#23 Post by kellyb »

i am using oral b anti plaque

In braces 07/01/2012 - 29/06/2013

oimysizex

#24 Post by oimysizex »

I use the light green/blue listerine!

Been in braces foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Noni

#25 Post by Noni »

I use the original listerene !

Has any one found the blue zero new listernie any better ?

Quad Helix Expander and Braces to correct unilateral posterioor crossbite (TMJ treatment ). 6 months
Braces journey : 11 months 3 weeks (from 12 march 2012 to 3 march 2013)
My Story and Progress Update

RedQueen

#26 Post by RedQueen »

I use ACT Restoring 2X a day.
Damon Q, lower and upper.
Class II with slightly overbite.

Tingrinteacher

#27 Post by Tingrinteacher »

sainsburys own brand green one! I asked my Ortho what he recommended, and be said they are basically all the same. He said that i should avoid the alcohol ones for the first few weeks, as they might sting my cheeks where the braces rubbed. As long as you have at least 200ppm fluoride, and brush 2-3 times a day, he said you will be fine.

eatcake247

#28 Post by eatcake247 »

My ortho gave me a bottle of Tom's of Maine fluoride rinse anti-cavity for Children although I'm 29 years old. I use it at night and have no complaints so far. I alternate with Crest Pro-Health Fluoride rinse especially in the morning to get rid of morning breath :lol:

Bracedforthewedding

#29 Post by Bracedforthewedding »

[quote="eatcake247"]My ortho gave me a bottle of Tom's of Maine fluoride rinse anti-cavity for Children although I'm 29 years old. I use it at night and have no complaints so far. I alternate with Crest Pro-Health Fluoride rinse especially in the morning to get rid of morning breath :lol:[/quote]

I use the Tom's of Maine for adult and I love it!!

mcb012

#30 Post by mcb012 »

I use the blue ACT. It seems to do it's job.