What mouthwash do you like to use?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Snowglobe32

Re: What mouthwash do you like to use?

#31 Post by Snowglobe32 »

I still use and love ACT Total Care....I noticed the other day ACT has a mouthwash for folks with braces. I am no longer in braces but it did make me laugh a bit...because it would have been nice to have while I was in braces.

smpdex

#32 Post by smpdex »

My orthodontist gave me Crest Pro Health complete mouthwash and crest pro health gum protecting toothpaste.

I tried searching, what was the cph rinse that caused staining?

jaime

#33 Post by jaime »

I use Crest Pro-Health, the purple kind without alcohol. I like it and haven't noticed any staining. I plan to get my teeth whitened after the braces are off so staining isn't a huge concern anyway.

My only complaint is that the aftertaste is so strong, it typically ruins my next meal, or at least part of it. If I use it at night after brushing, the next morning, my mouth STILL tastes strongly of mouthwash.
SARPE: December 19, 2013
Expander out/TPA in: May 13th, 2014
Upper and lower braces: May 21, 2014
Lefort I + BSSO + sliding genioplasty: June 11, 2015
TPA out: December 17, 2015 (due to issues)
Braces off: November 28th, 2016!!!
My blog
My ArchWired thread (last updated November 29th, 2016)

ThoriatedFlash

#34 Post by ThoriatedFlash »

I used my regular mouthwash when I first got mine on and boy did it burn. I never saw the appeal of the alcohol free mouthwash before I had braces. Now I use the store brand version of ACT. It has some fluoride in it too. I like to use that after lunch because I don't have my water pick at work. I used to chew gum a lot after meals, but I decided to give that up because I heard you can bend the arch wire and keep you in braces longer. Now I use mouthwash a lot more.

Beach

#35 Post by Beach »

I use ACT Restoring mouthwash in the morning and Colgate Phos-Flur mouthwash at night.

schilla36

#36 Post by schilla36 »

Listerine Ultra-clean mint green anti-septic. Buy the big 1/2 gallon. Use after every brush & floss routine. It's my best friend & love the after taste. Breath is supa fresh

metalliKa

#37 Post by metalliKa »

Right now I'm using ACT Restoring because I developed a bit of a sensitivity from my last adjustment. It's strong but doesn't leave my tongue blue like Creat Pro Health.
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

Lisnya

#38 Post by Lisnya »

I use an Oral-B that's free of alcohol and just yesterday I got a prescription fluoride rinse that I use before I go to bed. Up until last night, I just didn't rinse my toothpaste, which works well, but I don't like the feeling of having toothpaste in my mouth. I much prefer the mouthwash.

mandla

#39 Post by mandla »

I use the colgate toal pro gum health mouth wash. No alcohol. It works woneders for me....no bleeding gums. That's a problem with me, my gums bleed easy even with very good oral hygiene. This mouth wash helped a lot.

MetalMonica

#40 Post by MetalMonica »

I use ACT for braces. I also have Colgate Peroxyl for when/if I get mouth sores.

alee88

#41 Post by alee88 »

My dentist gave me a sample of Crest Pro-Health, the blue on, so I've been using that. Kind of gross as sometimes I spit out blue chunks.

samsung95

#42 Post by samsung95 »

Prefer the 'zero' Listerine

kelskelskels

#43 Post by kelskelskels »

I use Act braces care with fluoride . It is blue. I have also used the regular Act fluoride mouth wash that was green and liked it just as much. I have heard that you defiantly want a fluoride mouth wash.

snbar

#44 Post by snbar »

I am using Colgate Phos-Flur. It was recommended by my Ortho since I am prone to whitespots.

BlondeCam

#45 Post by BlondeCam »

Colgate Enamel Health toothbrush and mouthwash. It tastes very pleasant, not harsh, no alcohol. I'm hoping to avoid any white spots.