crest whitening strips before braces

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

s00102

crest whitening strips before braces

#1 Post by s00102 »

I'm getting braces in about 4-5 weeks time. Can I usea few crest white strips (classic) before my bracaes go on? Or are there certain reasons why I shouldn't do it? If I get any irritation or pain at all I will stop immediately. My teeth are not really white and since I'm getting lingual braces I will see my teeth everyday eventhough I'm braced. Can I use it for a few days and then have like 3 weeks to rest my teeth before my braces go on, or is this a bad idea? Any thoughts? They are not super yellow so I'm only going to use the whole package.

s00102

Re: crest whitening strips before braces

#2 Post by s00102 »

s00102 wrote:I'm getting braces in about 4-5 weeks time. Can I usea few crest white strips (classic) before my bracaes go on? Or are there certain reasons why I shouldn't do it? If I get any irritation or pain at all I will stop immediately. My teeth are not really white and since I'm getting lingual braces I will see my teeth everyday eventhough I'm braced. Can I use it for a few days and then have like 3 weeks to rest my teeth before my braces go on, or is this a bad idea? Any thoughts? They are not super yellow so I'm only going to use the whole package.
I'm NOT going to use the whole package!

ashesgap

#3 Post by ashesgap »

You can use them. I used them before i got my braces, and they do burn the gums a little, but thats kinda normal. You should give yourself two weeks of non use before the braces. So you have 2 weeks to use them, thats pretty good. You can do two sessions a day from what i remember, so you may be able to use the whole box. I'd suggest getting some toothepaste for sensitivity....your teeth do get a little sensitive from strips.
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

Audra

#4 Post by Audra »

Using whitening products before getting braces can interfere with the bonding of the brackets to your teeth. It's best not to whiten beforehand. Wait until you are de-braced.