Do you have fillings?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bracefacebride

Re: Do you have fillings?

#16 Post by Bracefacebride »

I got my first 3 fillings at 32. I wasn’t visiting the dentist regularly and haven’t been in ages because I was scared. It ended up being like anything, and blown up in my head haha. White fillings, on my molars. You can’t even tell. Hoping they won’t cause any problems with my future braces journey.

TCCZ

#17 Post by TCCZ »

I have 11 crowns and 1 extraction on the right top and 2 molar extractions, 1 on the bottom left and 1 on the right.

cakers

#18 Post by cakers »

I have more fillings than I even know. I’m sure I have at least one in each molar (I don’t have wisdom teeth) and at least a couple bicuspids as well. Mine are all on my occlusal/biting surfaces, and my teeth have naturally deep pits, which seems to be the cause. My fillings are all white/composite, so they don’t show.

cakers

#19 Post by cakers »

My fillings have had zero impact on my braces journey and I even got some while I had braces on. No issues.

carewsf

#20 Post by carewsf »

Heaps and heaps of fillings! Lost count, tried to make an open bite work for too long I think! Lost one tooth and one is a metal crown, doesn't seem to be impeding braces too much

weebraces

#21 Post by weebraces »

I have a couple of fillings, though they don’t seem to be causing any braces issues.

Wire

#22 Post by Wire »

I'm 42, no fillings and no dental work done on my teeth at all prior to getting braces. I think because I've never had anything done it took me so long finally getting braces. I was so scared that after the ortho fitted my braces ( it was much quicker that I thought and pain free) I felt like I was going to faint 😂they had to get me tea with sugar and let me sit in the chair for good 15 minutes to call down. I had 5 readjustments since and I'm totally fine now. But I need two implants and I am certainly not looking forward to that!

vampirefangs22

#23 Post by vampirefangs22 »

I have a few composite fillings in between some of my front teeth from not flossing regularly and developing some interproximal cavities as a result in 2020 and in 2021. I've been flossing more regularly now so hopefully I won't develop any more cavities.

ooto

#24 Post by ooto »

Nope

lefortfort

#25 Post by lefortfort »

Have about 6... Though I'm not convinced it was necessary.

vampirefangs22

#26 Post by vampirefangs22 »

I've recently had 3 more composite fillings done (all in the lower left quadrant of my mouth) from small cavities I developed while I was still in braces. Interestingly enough, I even developed a small cavity where one of my first molar bands used to be.

Lower braces - Halloween 2019
Upper braces - January 9th, 2020
Debonded since May 4th, 2023