Mouthwash

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kinda Nervous

Mouthwash

#1 Post by Kinda Nervous »

Is it okay to use a little bit of ACT Mouthwash after brushing your teeth
after everymeal or snack. I use the amount at night and morning that your are surpose to use, but when I eat or snack just wonder if I can do a little bit of a swish with mouth wash not the full amount just a bit.
It does make your mouth seem extra clean....

bbsadmin

#2 Post by bbsadmin »

Remember that ACT contains fluoride. You probably don't want to over-use it. Perhaps you can supplement with a non-fluoride mouth rinse a few times per day.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

50+

Listerine whitening mouthwash

#3 Post by 50+ »

Is it ok to use Listerine whitening mouthwash with ceramic braces?
50+ ceramics top and bottom as of 2-16-10
Scheduled to have braces removed on 8-16-12!!

Theresa48

#4 Post by Theresa48 »

I wouldn't use any whitening anything with braces....you risk all the areas around your brackets to get supper white, so when they take your braces off you will have discolored spots because that part didn't get whitened.

Wait until after they are off to whiten, if at all...so they can all be the same color.

Oh, don't rinse with flouride rinse more than once at night, use something else during the day.

50+

Thanks Theresa48

#5 Post by 50+ »

I haven't used it very much - so I'm sure it won't make much difference, but good point and well taken.
50+ ceramics top and bottom as of 2-16-10
Scheduled to have braces removed on 8-16-12!!