Are Electric Toothbrushes Really Better Than Manual Brushes?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

TheKT

Re: Are Electric Toothbrushes Really Better Than Manual Brus

#16 Post by TheKT »

Personally, I love the electronic tooth brush and end up with a super clean feeling after use versus using the standard manual brush.

wifwolf

Re: Are Electric Toothbrushes Really Better Than Manual Brus

#17 Post by wifwolf »

I use both. I can use my Sonicare in the mornings and I love it. My teeth feel very clean after.

Lately though, I've had to use a manual brush (I'm using the EasyBraces brush specifically) because, for whatever reason, there will be times when using my Sonicare at night is like directly brushing the nerves of some of my teeth! Some of my teeth, and it changes, are just too sensitive for the Sonicare.

If I were to have a preference though, I'd prefer to use my Sonicare all of the time. ;)

braceyfacey

Re: Are Electric Toothbrushes Really Better Than Manual Brushes?

#18 Post by braceyfacey »

I have an Oral B electric toothbrush at home and I carry around a regular toothbrush for when I need to clean on the go. Personally, I do find that the electric toothbrush cleans much better. However, when I first got my braces on I had to turn it down to the more gentler setting as it was too intense for my sore teeth even with proper brushing technique.

LisainTX

#19 Post by LisainTX »

I bought a SoniCare right before I got my braces in February of this year. I LOVE it and think it was worth every cent. As others say, I can reach way in the back of my back teeth and feel like the brushes are getting all around my brackets and wires better than I can with my manual brush. The vibration is also helping to remove food, plaque, etc. This brush makes me want to brush my teeth twice as much now!
Also, I actually brush my teeth when I shower in the morning. That really gives me an opportunity to brush at all kinds of angles without worrying about making a mess. Then rinsing with the shower spray is almost like a water-pick. I know that sounds funny but it really make brushing easier and faster.
(Of course I brush several more times a day too)

Blingythings

#20 Post by Blingythings »

Not a bad idea. Would the shower do any damage to the electrical components in the brush?