What type of toothpaste do you use?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

jadestar

#16 Post by jadestar »

I alternate between Crest Baking Soda & Peroxide and Colgate Sensitive Enamel Protect toothpaste.

davidward2k10

#17 Post by davidward2k10 »

I am a spammer and the admin has banned me.

sadpanda

toothpaste

#18 Post by sadpanda »

Is it ok to use kids' toothpaste? I finally found some toothpaste that doesn't burn my mouth, but it's really for kids.

RedDress

#19 Post by RedDress »

I brush my teeth very often so I use a lot of toothpaste. I buy the cheap and simple house brand toothpasst from Trado Joes, only 2 dollars for 4 oz. Simple ingredients, plus soda and fluoride. My sensitive spots got much better. Whitening toothpastes have abrasive ingredients in them, so I really do not think it is good for your teeth when you brush so often and use electric tooth brush. They do not really whiten teeth, just remove the stains in case you have some.
Besides Joe's stuff is not tested on animals, which is important for me.

BraceFace2o1o

#20 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

I've been using Sensodyne Pronamel for a couple of months now, seems to be working for me!

Before that I just used to use a Colgate one that contained Fluoride.
Braces: Metal fixed upper and lower
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces Removed: August 2013 (after 33 months in braces)
Retainers: Upper & lower essix and lower bonded
My Story / Before & After photos

fleur26

#21 Post by fleur26 »

i have started using both colgate total and pro-enamel at night. will see how i go! :)

NervousNewbie

#22 Post by NervousNewbie »

Chrystal wrote:I've been using Sensodyne Pronamel for a couple of months now, seems to be working for me!
It's worked well for me, too, and the taste isn't overwhelming, which is refreshing! I also like the way it tends to "lather" itself up too, if that makes any sense...

Braced September 23, 2010
Debraced February 20, 2014
Estimated Treatment Time: 24 months
Actual Treatment Time: 41 months

My Journey

fleur26

#23 Post by fleur26 »

i get what you mean about the lathering. hehe-

Rach44

Re: What type of toothpaste do you use?

#24 Post by Rach44 »

I use a prescription toothpaste my ortho gave me twice a day (Colgate PreviDent 5000). I use that in the morning and before bed, and then after lunch I use Sensodyne Pronamel.

Estimated Treatment Time: 30 Months

tashay1985

#25 Post by tashay1985 »

I've been using Crest Pro health toothpaste for sensitive teeth and i like it so far !

Chicagogal

#26 Post by Chicagogal »

Rach44 wrote:I use a prescription toothpaste my ortho gave me twice a day (Colgate PreviDent 5000). I use that in the morning and before bed, and then after lunch I use Sensodyne Pronamel.
My dentist and ortho both gave me that as well. I use it on occasion, but not once a day like they say.

I am honestly getting a bit more wary of flouride in general. maybe the hippies are scaring me or i'm finally reading the research, but some of it's disturbing. I might start just dipping my toothbrush in baking soda honestly, it's not that bad and it's a good clean.
Update: 4-2013 Back in Brackets :(
lower braces: 3/2/10
hyrax palate expander: 3/29/10
upper braces: est. 6/2010 (8/6/10 actual)
bone plate surgery: 1/2011 actual
bone plate removal: 7/2011 actual
Debracing: 10-25-11 ACTUAL!!! advanced hawley retainer
Rebracing: 4-3-13...front teeth rotated #2s lifted.

ChefNique

#27 Post by ChefNique »

My ortho gave me a sample of Colgate Sensitive Pro Relief the day I got my braces. It helps a lot with the sensitivity and I think I am going to continue using the brand throughout my treatment.

RedQueen

#28 Post by RedQueen »

Hi there!!

I use the Sonicare Flexcare+, it comes with 5 different brushing modes: Clean, Sensitive, Gum Care, and that's all I remember but you can google it.
This is probably the best decision I've ever made for my teeth(other than the fact that I decided to get braces :lol:)
It really made the difference the first time i used it especially with braces. I've been using it for about 4 months now and I can only say good things about this tooth brush, but any electronic tooth brushes will do wonderful job for you.

Hope this helps :D

RedQueen

#29 Post by RedQueen »

RedQueen wrote:Hi there!!

I use the Sonicare Flexcare+, it comes with 5 different brushing modes: Clean, Sensitive, Gum Care, and that's all I remember but you can google it.
This is probably the best decision I've ever made for my teeth(other than the fact that I decided to get braces :lol:)
It really made the difference the first time i used it especially with braces. I've been using it for about 4 months now and I can only say good things about this tooth brush, but any electronic tooth brushes will do wonderful job for you.

Hope this helps :D

Sorry guys, i thought it says "toothbrush" instead of toothpaste.
Personally I like all the Crest 3D white just because they keep my teeth white or well I would say, not turning yellowish.
But the down side is that they aren't not that refreshing though :(
Damon Q, lower and upper.
Class II with slightly overbite.

graciebaby28

#30 Post by graciebaby28 »

We like the Arm & Hammer Gum care here.