Canker Sores

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

ThisIsMary

Canker Sores

#1 Post by ThisIsMary »

I've delveloped a couple canker sores since having my top braces put on on wednesday. What I've been doing is just using wax as much as possible. Is this the best way to lmake them heal or should I be puting something on them to make them heal?
[/url]

Ceramics on top
Metals on bottom
18 - 24 month duration
Removed September 27, 2006
Hawley top and bottom

DaisyMay66

#2 Post by DaisyMay66 »

Your own body and immune system are the best medicines for canker sores. I usually just let them run their course if they are smallish. Like you, I apply wax to the problem spots at night and I avoid acidic foods or drinks for a few days. If they are bigger and more painful, I use a warm salt water rinse a few times a day until they start to heal. There are many products on the market which form a protective barrier between the teeth and cheeks to help in healing or numbing gels. I personally do not like to use these products.