No more thread floss for this guy

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Steve

No more thread floss for this guy

#1 Post by Steve »

Well,

I ws trying to be as diligent as possible with flossing, but I was just not cutting it. I just found out about shower floss.

It is available at www.showerfloss.com

It is great! I have not used a waterpik so I don't know how to compare. It is easy to hook this up to your shower and I have used it twice already, once while I was taking a shower and another time on the side of the tub. It takes a little bit to get used to and I would suggest that the first time you use it is when you are taking your shower.

It is very forceful and it gave me a very fresh and clean feeling; something that regular flossing. There are many benefits of the shower floss and many are listed on their site. It even cleaned my tongue and gave me a feeling of many of my pores in my mouth opening that I have never felt before. My gum line felt like it received a massge. It really tickles and if you follow their directions to keep your mouth full of water.

(I don't know if I may become addicted to the shower floss. I may spend a lot more time in the shower- :lol: )

There are some people who sell it from another site, while the above link is direct from the supplier. My ortho has these in her office. There are recommendations from many people involved in orthodontics. It is also great just for people that don't llike to floss (that was me before braces-my teeth have always been so close together that it was a real pain). It comes with his and hers nozzles.

OK, one wise ortho :wink: once told me when I picking up a shower floss that you should use thread floss, "because that is what I have to say". When asked off the record, it was mentioned that it is a great alternative to flossing and may give the same benefits or more.

Recommended usage by this orthodontic sage of wisdom: two times a day, once in the morning and once at night. The pamphlet/website has a great discussion of saliva and the following is an excerpt(Maybe this is why the wise orthodontic sage says to floss in the morning also.):

SALIVA provides a natural cleansing action. It also contains elements that buffer the effects of bacteria, acids and toxins. Some medicines and procedures restrict salivary glands. While sleeping, saliva activity slows and plaque formation increases. Brushing in the morning is important - mouth rinse alone is not good enough.

So, in conclusion, I sure am glad that I have found the shower floss and it is time to hit the hay and go floss my teeth.

Feel free to ask me any questions!
Steve
February 8, 2005-Ceramic Uppers
March 15, 2005-metal lowers
June 1st - triangle elastics
I am so happy I got these braces!
Hang in there!

lilleth

#2 Post by lilleth »

How does this hummingbird work?