Foaming toothpaste?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

ZoseyPosey

Foaming toothpaste?

#1 Post by ZoseyPosey »

I've seen commercials for both Sensodyne and I think Crest advertising a new foaming toothpaste that's supposed to get EVERYWHERE in your mouth. Seems like it would be a great thing with braces. Has anyone tried these out yet? Or should I just stick with my regular ol' Crest?

Takako

#2 Post by Takako »

I used it a few times before getting braces. It's certainly FUN to use lol.

macgirl4ever

aquafresh

#3 Post by macgirl4ever »

I'm a Crest kid so when I saw the commercial, I was disappointed that it was aquafresh, but I tried it anyway. It feels like the fluoride foam that some dentists use with those horrid styrofoam trays minus the trays of course. I like how the foam sticks to my teeth and I've been using one of those tiny brushes to clean underneath wires and brackets my toothbrush can't. I wouldn't say that I noticed a huge difference and will probably go back to my Crest toothpaste when the Aquafresh is used up.
Braced: 20 months March 2009-November 2010

kilikena311

#4 Post by kilikena311 »

I tried the Sensodyne one. The toothpaste itself is great....the dispenser is not. The toothpaste starts to drip all down the front under the spout and I find myself having to constantly rinse it off. So I guess it would not be worth it if you don't want to have to keep rinsing toothpaste stuff off the front of the container.