Sonicare or Sonic Complete

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Hero_At_Heart

Sonicare or Sonic Complete

#1 Post by Hero_At_Heart »

The Ortho recommends the Sonicare, the Dentist & Hygienist recommend the Sonic Complete (Oral B/Braun) and are quick to point out that they know more about hygiene than the ortho. does.

I've looked at both and can't really tell the difference at all - replacements for the Sonic Complete seem a bit less expensive though.

One thing that did strike me as somewhat strange....the hygienist said that with the Sonic Complete, it wasn't as important to floss because it was soooo much better at getting in there and shaking that stuff out.

I've never used an electronic toothbrush before so I'm not sure *shrug* Anyone have any preferences or have any insight?

#2 Post by Guest »

Hi Hero. I have nothing against either one that your dentist and orthodontist recommended, but am happy with my Chrest Spin Brush Pro. Runs on 2 AA batteries. The heads are replaceable, too.

Good luck with what ever you decide.

braceface31

Sonicare elite 7800 Professional

#3 Post by braceface31 »

:lol: I have a Sonicare elite that I have owned for the last month. At first I had a little trouble using it because of the vibration feeling that it caused when on. I have no other experience with powered toothbrushes, but I absolutely love my brush.

One of the reasons why I love this toothbrush is because it sweeps all the food out from under and in between my brackets and wires. My teeth are cleaner when I use it, due to the fact that it vibrates the bristles which get in between teeth.

Using a power tooth brush is not a requirement for having braces, although it does make it easier for me.

These brushes are quite expensive, but a regular toothbrush costs a dollar, and can do the same job. :)

slywy

Re: Sonicare or Sonic Complete

#4 Post by slywy »

I have an older Sonicare. I stopped using it for about a month in favour of a regular brush, and it took the hygienist twice as long to clean my teeth. (I also hadn't been flossing -- mea culpa.) She and the dentist seem to feel the Sonicare gets out stuff that a regular brush can't.

For when you need a regular brush, I like the Radius (expensive). The large head works wonders on the gums.

slywy

Re: Sonicare or Sonic Complete

#5 Post by slywy »

I have an older Sonicare. I stopped using it for about a month in favour of a regular brush, and it took the hygienist twice as long to clean my teeth. (I also hadn't been flossing -- mea culpa.) She and the dentist seem to feel the Sonicare gets out stuff that a regular brush can't.

For when you need a regular brush, I like the Radius (expensive). The large head works wonders on the gums.

lilsisbet

#6 Post by lilsisbet »

I have the Oral-B/Braun Professional Care system and I love it. I am kind of fanatic about brushing my teeth (always have been) and I find that it does a great job. I used a regular tooth brush the other day and didn't feel like my teeth were clean at all. I have bought one of the battery operated tooth brushes for my purse. It does a good job too. Call me crazy, but I love the whole process of cleaning my teeth and getting all that crap out of my mouth and away from the braces. :lol:
Elizabeth
Braces on March 15, 2005
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months. Official debanding date - June 14, 2007 - Total of 27 months!

Dodger(UK)

#7 Post by Dodger(UK) »

A Sonicare Elite fan, an excellent tool for effortlessly cleaning your teeth. I got mine from Ebay, you save a little money than the high street prices. £20 for x2 replacement heads, that can last between 6 months (if you don't have braces) and probably about 3-4 months (Ideally 3) if you have braces.

i814u2c

oral b fan here

#8 Post by i814u2c »

I looked at both and decided on the oral b sonic complete. Love the timers and different modes. Brush heads are cheaper too. I had no scraping last cleaning and gums are in best shape ever. I also keep a crest spin brush pro in locker at gym :jump: and in my truck so I can brush any time. :-} ( which is quite often). I can't stand to have things stuck in braces :yikes: .
37 YR F METAL TOP AND BOTTOM
TOP ON OCT 04
BOTTOM ON DEC 04

Miracle102375

#9 Post by Miracle102375 »

I bought a Sonic Complete S320 Deluxe last night on E-Bay for $49

I have a old, old oral b power brush. However, with me forking out over a $1000 for braces I thought I should treat my mouth to a luxury... ha ha

I just got my braces on today, but one weird thing was the dentist gave me a sample of Glide Threader Floss. He said that brushing my teeth should be enough, but if a piece of food gets stuck between my teeth then I can floss if I want....

hmmmm..... i thought all Ortho's would insist on flossing.

ANYWAY, i should be received my new tooth brush in a couple of days.

Miracle102375

Traffic

#10 Post by Traffic »

I just bought the sonicare elite. It's great, it gives your teeth a nice little jolt (and my lips).

It was expensive, but I guess my teeth are worth it.

londonchick

#11 Post by londonchick »

hi

i bought a sonic complete deluxe (the one with extra massage function) about 2 1/2 months ago. I felt it was doing a really good job but didn't want to post anything about it till i'd had my next cleaning appointment. I went this morning and had almost no scraping ! first time EVER that has happended. The only places that needed scraping were where gaps had appeared due to un-crowding. My hygienist said my teeth were really clean even the top ones which i have trouble flossing because of my expander. She also rates the oral b one over the sonicare and as she is in the job of cleaning i trust her judgement.

All in all very happy with my investment !