Can't decide, Waterpik plug in or cordless

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

larma

Can't decide, Waterpik plug in or cordless

#1 Post by larma »

Do any of you have suggestions? I am going to get one...I was thinking the cordless would be more convenient; but in reviews a couple people said the cordless didn't hold enough water.

Should I slurge and get the 60.00 plug in or the 50.00 cordless??

Thanks in advance!

Larma

ReneG

#2 Post by ReneG »

I think the bigger consideration would be what some people say about the cordless waterpik not having enough power to do it's job properly.

Personally, I use the cordless ultra and it's working great for me. Yes, sometimes I need to squirt more around the bands and I run out of water but it's no biggie to refill and continue.

It's definitely a winner for me because though it's big and unwieldy, I can still pack it with me on trips. And for short trips, I don't even need to bring the charging cord.
My 2 year diet plan in progress: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=243462

10 Mar 2008: Braced - upper and lower
12 Jan 2010: BSSO (Advancement)
?? Jun 2010: 6th post-op appointment
30 Jun 2010: 6th post-op ortho appointment - debanding!!! :D
07 Jul 2010: Retainer day!

Light768

#3 Post by Light768 »

I have limited idea about waterpik .,Can you add more details about this thing?

trillium

#4 Post by trillium »

I have the plug in (Ultra, I think), I use it all the time. When I'm at home it makes cleaning SO much easier. :-}
04/09/09- Consult, 04/21/09- Spacers in, 04/23/09- Braces on, 06/01/09- Extractions
06/25/09- First Adjustment (new wire, but same size- all the way to bck molars- after extractions)
08/20/09- Second adjustment (same size wire but got Powerchains top and bottom!!!)
10/02/09- 3rd adj (same size wire, new powerchain, started elastics)
12/10/09- 4th adj. (same size wire, new powerchain, same elastics)
02/11/10- 5th adj.

I love my teeth

#5 Post by I love my teeth »

LOVE my plug in waterpik!!!!!! I am a horrible flosser, and always was, but now with the braces I am trying to be a bit better!! I use it at night, and occassionally during the day if I eat something that is stuck in my teeth!!!

As summer is approaching, the only thing that worries me is it's not portable, and I will really miss it when we go on vacation, I will have to resort to flossing, yuck!!!!!!
Wore Braces for 2 years, 5 months, 3 days

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]