Fluroidex and Yellowing

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

macgirl4ever

Fluroidex and Yellowing

#1 Post by macgirl4ever »

At my last cleaning, I informed my hygenist that I was getting braces. She suggested I use Rx fluoride to prevent white spots and that the fluoride rinse would be better than the toothpaste since the liquid would be able to get between bands, brackets, and wires more efficiently than the toothpaste. I've taken it just as directed and have found that my previously white teeth are becoming more and more yellow. Has anyone else experienced this?

newsboysgrl777

#2 Post by newsboysgrl777 »

macgirl, i haven't experienced this but also haven't used what you're talking about. I just use the generic "ACT" fluoride mouthwash. But, the reason I'm replying is because you may get more reviews and responses if you post this in the 'metal mouth' forum...it seems to get more views.

Good luck.