Best Toothpaste for Enamel Problems?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

flesh-was-sweet

Best Toothpaste for Enamel Problems?

#1 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Hi all!

I have noticed over the last couple of months that the outer edges of my two front teeth are becoming transparent - my teeth don't feel sensitive at all and they aren't yellowing or anything like that.

I was reading that Sensodyne Pronamel toothpaste helps to strengthen enamel - does anyone know if this is actually true?

If anyone could recommend a good toothpaste I'd be grateful to hear from you!

Silverpetal

hmmm...

#2 Post by Silverpetal »

I have tried sensodyne, but I like the aquafresh one...it seems my breath stays fresher longer with it. It is the Aquafresh to help build enamel 25% more stronger. I also use ACT Restoring Mouthwash to help with my enamel also.

mazeacres

Best toothpaste for enamel problems

#3 Post by mazeacres »

I have some enamel issues due to decalcification, so I use a toothpaste that the dentist I use to work for suggested. Colgate PreviDent 5000 Plus, it is way higher in fluoride content than normal toothpaste. You can buy it where you buy your regular toothpaste. It is quite a bit more expensive, $12.00 in Canada. Make sure you follow directions so you get the benefits of what you require.

FuzzyPants

#4 Post by FuzzyPants »

I know this is an old post to bring up, but I bought a toothpaste that contains a product called Novamin instead of flouride. It really worked for my enamel and sensitivity issues. I still use a flouride toothpaste once a day and the Novamin toothpaste once or twice day. It is not in the stores yet, but they have a website that has the different products for sale for the different regions in the world.
Braced October 17, 2007
BSSO and Lefort August 13, 2008
De-braced November 24, 2008

FuzzyPants

#5 Post by FuzzyPants »

There are links to studies on the Novamin website, but I take them with a grain of salt because they are not independently funded. However, my teeth do feel smoother, well the side without brackets anyway. :lol:
Braced October 17, 2007
BSSO and Lefort August 13, 2008
De-braced November 24, 2008

peterworn

Re:Dental Do-dads (Dental Products Q's and Comments)

#6 Post by peterworn »

Hello,

You have to take help of dentist to choose your toothpaste for your teeth problem, its better.

WhiteTeeth

Re: Best Toothpaste for Enamel Problems?

#7 Post by WhiteTeeth »

flesh-was-sweet wrote: I was reading that Sensodyne Pronamel toothpaste helps to strengthen enamel - does anyone know if this is actually true?
Hi!

I actually work with Sensodyne and our ProNamel toothpastes are scientifically proven to re-strengthen tooth enamel that's been softened by acid. It's designed to help to prevent the erosion from occurring in the first place because once enamel is gone... it's gone for good. It's SO important to be proactive!

We actually just developed a ProNamel toothpaste for kids as well... Kid's have soft enamel to begin and tend to have highly acidic diets (juice, fruit, ketchup, apple sauce etc) which can wear down their delicate enamel.

Hope this was helpful.... you can also go to www.ProNamelforChildren.com for more info and to print a $1 off coupon.

WhiteTeeth

Re: Best Toothpaste for Enamel Problems?

#8 Post by WhiteTeeth »

flesh-was-sweet wrote: I was reading that Sensodyne Pronamel toothpaste helps to strengthen enamel - does anyone know if this is actually true?
Hi!

I actually work with Sensodyne and our ProNamel toothpastes are scientifically proven to re-strengthen tooth enamel that's been softened by acid. It's designed to help to prevent the erosion from occurring in the first place because once enamel is gone... it's gone for good. It's SO important to be proactive!

We actually just developed a ProNamel toothpaste for kids as well... Kid's have soft enamel to begin and tend to have highly acidic diets (juice, fruit, ketchup, apple sauce etc) which can wear down their delicate enamel.

Hope this was helpful.... you can also go to www.ProNamelforChildren.com for more info and to print a $1 off coupon.

trillium

#9 Post by trillium »

I really liked pronamel and had used it since it came out- until I got braces. I found that as soon as I had braces I easily had a sore throat (not illness) and I changed toothpaste and it went away. I think that for some reason when I got braces (and was brushing my teeth many times a day) Pronamel was irritating my throat because I was using it many times a day. When I switched, it stopped.
04/09/09- Consult, 04/21/09- Spacers in, 04/23/09- Braces on, 06/01/09- Extractions
06/25/09- First Adjustment (new wire, but same size- all the way to bck molars- after extractions)
08/20/09- Second adjustment (same size wire but got Powerchains top and bottom!!!)
10/02/09- 3rd adj (same size wire, new powerchain, started elastics)
12/10/09- 4th adj. (same size wire, new powerchain, same elastics)
02/11/10- 5th adj.

gracey82

#10 Post by gracey82 »

I was introduced to Sensodyne Pronamel and I have to say it's a very good product!

I dont have sensitive gum or teeth but its more for prevention.
I can actually felt the difference on the surface of my teeth before and after I used it. My teeth surface are much more smoother, unlike using normal Colgate toothpaste before, it was rough and patchy. I felt there is a protective layer on my teeth now.

And I'm still using Pronamel even I have braces. No problem at all. I felt my teeth condition is better. In any case, prevention is better than curing !

Go and try Sensodyne Pronamel, stop wondering, and see if it works for you!