Sonicare- Best One in List

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

ilovemacs

Sonicare- Best One in List

#1 Post by ilovemacs »

From my orthodontist I got a coupon for $15 off of the purchase of the Sonicare Flexcare, Elite or Essence series. Which model is the best?

Also with the Flexcare model you can get the optional UV Brush head sanitizer. Is it really worth it?

Is a Sonicare worth it?

Thank you!

ilovemacs

#2 Post by ilovemacs »

Thank you very much Meryaten you're always so helpful!
Thank you for the great link!

jaswi

#3 Post by jaswi »

Wouldn't wanna live without my sonicare. I have the elite, and it is probably close to 3 years old. Battery is still fine, I leave it in the charger all the time. I took it for a week on vacation this may, and it never exhausted the charge enough to plug in.

braceface418

#4 Post by braceface418 »

You can purchase the Sonicare Flex from Cost-Co as well for a comparatively decent price. It comes with two handles, two brush heads, travel charger, base station, and the UV Sanitizer. Having the two handles has been really nice when my husband or I have to travel for business without the other person. I've had to switch back to a regular toothbrush briefly after having some dental procedure or another done, and I can't wait to get back to the electric one. The timer is really nice also.

I haven't had a chance to use it with braces (yet -- they get installed on Wednesday), but I'm sure it'll work just as well.

jpiper001

#5 Post by jpiper001 »

so how much is the sonic care from costco anyway? all of you are saying such wonderful things about it, and i am really wigged out about trashing my teeth. the last four times i have been to the dentist i have left with at least 4 fillings, and i wonder if it'll help...

jaswi

#6 Post by jaswi »

I think I got my sonicare elite when they were brand new for about $100. Well worth every penny then some, but I think the newest sonicares are a bit more affordable. I know when I switched from manual to sonicare, I noticed an immediate difference in how clean my teeth felt, and they whitened up a shade or two pretty quickly.

braceface418

#7 Post by braceface418 »

It looks like Costco is still selling them.

Link here.

I like the little hideaway area for the two brush heads, even without the UV deal. We have very limited counter space in our bathroom, so the base lives on the back of the toilet. I keep things clean, but between the cats playing on the toilet seat lid and general bathroom business, schmutz might otherwise accumulate on the brushes.

I'd say the built-in timer feature that reminds you to switch quadrants is also pretty helpful. I didn't get any comments about whether or not I brushed the backs of my teeth at my most recent cleaning, in any case.