Aquafresh Iso-Active Foaming Gel (Toothpaste)

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

skintz

Aquafresh Iso-Active Foaming Gel (Toothpaste)

#1 Post by skintz »

Welll, today i brought myself a tube (or should i say, canister) of Aquafresh Iso-Active Foaming Gel-its available in mint or citrus mint; i went for plain ol' mint cos there was more chance i'd like it :lol:
It stood out on the shelf A) because it was in a tin canister, like shave gel (hehe) and B) it claims to be 25% more effective at removing bacteria (ooooo, ahhhhh) so i found it wandered its way into my basket...
It says to use it like 'normal' toothpaste...it comes out like a really skinny worm, so i used two skinny worms of gel. I later found this was way too much(!) I'd go for one skinny worm if any of you guys buy some-i certainly will next cleaning sesh!
Anyway, how it works is this: When the gel comes in contact with water (or your mouth...not sure which) it foams up, which gets into the nooks any crannies of your mouth for a deeper clean.
My review: Well, personally, i love it! I'd recommend everyone goes out and gets a tube, sorry, tin of it. I used it for my brief after-lunch brush and my mouth felt really clean after just a couple minutes of brushing!
So, anyone tempted to go get some?
I found the aquafresh website on it if you want to read more:
http://www.aquafresh.co.uk/isoactive/
Happy brushing! :-}

mary.

cool

#2 Post by mary. »

Thanks for letting us know! I'd love to try it, but can't seem to find it. They must not be selling it yet in Canada. Keep buying so they expand their market : )

ilovemacs

#3 Post by ilovemacs »

In Canada and the U.S. could it be the same as Aquafresh Extreme Clean? The description says it foams up too.

Edit: Nope, they're two different products. Canada just hasn't cought up yet.

skintz

#4 Post by skintz »

We get aquafresh extreme clean over here too and its def a different product! :lol: Have you been on the website? Its quite interesting....
I'm still using it morning and night and it makes my mouth feel really clean, i'm liking it :D

sksk11

#5 Post by sksk11 »

I had seen the adverts for this product - I normally use Aquafresh extreme clean, and didn't feel the need to change.

After reading this post, I thought I would give the isoactive foam a try for my lunchtime brush at work. The verdict?..... great stuff, very very foamy!! Nice minty fresh taste and as Skintz says, feels like it gets into all the little spaces. I prefer toothpastes that foam a little (like extreme clean) as I feel like I have a good mouthful of cleaning agent getting to all the surfaces of the teeth.

I'm sticking with extreme clean morning and night, and isoactive for the other times.

:-1

skintz

#6 Post by skintz »

Glad you tried it :) I'm still stuck with it, i thinks its a really good product.

Lisa65

#7 Post by Lisa65 »

I just bought some - gonna try it out later.

Lisa65

#8 Post by Lisa65 »

Don't buy the citrus mint one, it tastes really weird. :? I like the stuff itself, I just don't like the grapefruity flavour. I'd go for plain mint next time.

Lisa65

#9 Post by Lisa65 »

Ditched the citrus one - it was vile! I've now bought the regular mint one, and I love it.