New Lip Protector FREE for the first 10 people who respond!

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

bbsadmin

New Lip Protector FREE for the first 10 people who respond!

#1 Post by bbsadmin »

Hi, everyone!

I'm very excited by a new product I recently found. It is a lip protector that is totally moldable and re-moldable/reusable.

It's made of a clear thermoplastic similar to the boil-and-bite mouthguards. You heat it up in some water, press it onto your brackets, and it forms a custom-made guard. According to the manufacturer, you can later re-heat it and re-mold it, over and over again. Sounds great, doesn't it? The only disadvantage I can see is that it is meant to cover basically the front 6 teeth (the strip of material isn't big enough to cover the entire arch). But I suppose if a person got 2 of the kits, there would be enough for the entire mouth.

This sounds very promising, but before I carry it at DentaKit.com I would love for some of you guys to try it out and give me your opinion on the product.

In about a week, I will have a trial package of 10 of these lip protector kits, so I'll be mailing them out around the end of the month. If you're interested in receiving one, email me at webmaster (at) archwired.com, subject line: Lip Protector Sample, and include your name and snail mail address. Canada/Overseas is OK.

All I ask is that you follow the instructions that come with the product, and after making the guard, a few days later, try re-molding it one or two more times. I will send you an email with specific questions to answer about your likes and dislikes of the product.

Regards,
Lynn
Last edited by bbsadmin on Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Rainy

#2 Post by Rainy »

email sent too you :)

rainy (Lorraine)

bbsadmin

#3 Post by bbsadmin »

There are still a bunch of spots left, so if you're interested, email me!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

bbsadmin

#4 Post by bbsadmin »

Absolutely. I detest spam and I don't share people's info with anybody.

Lisa65

#5 Post by Lisa65 »

I mailed you Lynn, hope you got it OK.

I'm hoping it'll make my trombone playing less painful on the lips.

Bluerain

#6 Post by Bluerain »

I'm in !!

This is great as I just had 2 mini implants inserted 2 weeks ago right above my top lip and one behind my top teeth.

My top lip is in bad shape and using wax all over again like when i first started.

I also have elastic thread going across my front 3 teeth which is attached to the 2 mini screws and also ripping up my lip.

Email sent .

Blue :)
Brace's -In-Ovations
Top Wired 2-1-05 / Bottom 10-9-06
Implants being used as anchor's where the wisdom teeth use to be.

jordanna

#7 Post by jordanna »

Lynn,

I emailed you today, hopefully I'm not to late as I'd love to demo the product!
:pinkbraces: Feel free to check out my braces blog by clicking on WWW icon below - I'd love to have you drop by! :pinkbraces:

>tRoUbLe<

Lip Protector

#8 Post by >tRoUbLe< »

Hi Lynn,

I emailed just now, hopefully I made the cutoff!

Thanks!

Jodi

SnowSara

#9 Post by SnowSara »

I'd give it a try! They should make them for the full mouth, it would be nice to wear something this lightweight snowboarding. I really don't want to wear a full mouthguard, not saying that this is a replacement by any means, but a little bit of protection for zee lips. :frogbraces:

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.

bbsadmin

#10 Post by bbsadmin »

OK, well I have met the quota of 10 so that's all for now, folks!

Thanks to everyone who responded! I should be mailing them out sometime near the end of next week.

-Lynn

Bluerain

#11 Post by Bluerain »

Hi

Have these been sent out yet ?

I hope this helps as the wax i have attached to my elastic threads and mini implant doesn't hold well at ll.

My lips have thread cuts ...ugh .The implant is so high up in my mouth (Right under nostril ) the wax doesn't stay on the tiny implant and it's making a hole in the flesh .

The only way is to mound on the wax on brackets and spread it out to cover the thread and mini implant but it shows a gigantic bump and i look like i have a cleft lip or something. I only use all this wax when home and when out i just avoid talking or moving top lip.

Thanks and looking forward to trying this.

Blue
Brace's -In-Ovations
Top Wired 2-1-05 / Bottom 10-9-06
Implants being used as anchor's where the wisdom teeth use to be.

bracesafter40

#12 Post by bracesafter40 »

so did u all get the? did they work?
http://bracesafter40.blogspot.com
Bridge Sectioned: Feb. 14, 2007
Last Pre-braces cleaning: Feb. 20, 2007
#21 Extraction: Feb. 20, 2007
Sentenced: 32 months
Top Braced: Feb 28, 2007
Bottom Braced: Apr. 4, 2007
New Ortho on Apr. 25, 2008
May 6; fluorescent blue ligs incl. upper powerchains. 2 elastics; Sept. 2, 2008.
Next Adj.: July 7, 2009 at 8:30a

Lisa65

#13 Post by Lisa65 »

Yes, I got mine and tested it and responded to Lynn.

I personally didn't find it much good though.

bbsadmin

#14 Post by bbsadmin »

Actually, most people did not like the product. It didn't live up to its claims. Which is exactly why it's great that you guys tested it! Although, I wish it had done what it claimed to do....it sounded so promising....