What is this???

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

OneBluCrayon

What is this???

#1 Post by OneBluCrayon »

Ok i know this may seem silly and all, but.... I was given these because i clench my teeth together. I was told these are used to help. But am i to heat them in water and let them shape to my teeth? Or just use them as is.... Im not sure... Anyone else out there use these??

(Also, there are two showing, i just placed them like that to fit both in the pic.... im sure i only use one at a time of course)
If you're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!
Banded: Dec 24, 2004

BHW

#2 Post by BHW »

Your post is a few months old, so you've probably already found out what these are for, but just in case you haven't here goes. They are for you to bite down on when your teeth are sore - it really helps, and no, you don't heat them up, they don't mold to your teeth - they're like adult "teething rings!" Cheers, BHW

Helen

#3 Post by Helen »

For the interested crowd...

They are called therapy bite wafers:http://www.jawproducts.com/therapywafers.html

Helen