What kind of lip balm do you use?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

graciebaby28

Re: What kind of lip balm do you use?

#91 Post by graciebaby28 »

My daughter has the best luck with Aquaphor. I wish I could find it in a tube with a lip applicator. The best I can find right now is the small tubes, but it's not "applicator-style", if that makes sense. It works really well for her though, so I can't complain too much about the top of it.

BellaBraces

#92 Post by BellaBraces »

I use various but my current fave is Simple intensive lip moisturiser. It is very glossy like a lipgloss so not good for the men, though.

raefactor

#93 Post by raefactor »

I have used Aquaphor for a very long time now, even before I got braces. My mom used it on her tattoo and suggested I try it since I have dry chappy lips ALL the time. It's worked the best for me. :D But I carry around one the big tubes. X] NO SHAME.

Also, @graciebaby28 they do make a lip specific version of Aquaphor with the lip applicator tip. I don't know if its any different formulation wise, but I have seen it in stores.

starfish88

#94 Post by starfish88 »

I bought a cheap supermarket own brand orange flavoured one. It only cost $2.30 but tasted so good I went back and bought all 3 remaining tubes in the store! It tastes like marmalade...yummy especially when I was having trouble eating yummy food!

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

mysticgirl916

#95 Post by mysticgirl916 »

I'm using a balm from Maybelline called Baby Lips, mine is peppermint flavored that leaves a tingle on my lips when I apply it. It keeps my lips pretty smooth

kids041

#96 Post by kids041 »

Burts Bees lip balm. OR Carmex. both do no contain any SPF which makes me feel ill. I have to be very careful, so I make sure I stick to those brands.

Woobster

#97 Post by Woobster »

Carmex. It's cheap and it works! They have a few lightly tinted shades as well that I really like.

Dana6

#98 Post by Dana6 »

Vaseline works best for me

BraceForIt

#99 Post by BraceForIt »

I use Lucas's Paw Paw Oitment

cs2thecox

#100 Post by cs2thecox »

Chanced upon this the other day and it is AMAZING. I had a tube anyway, and just packed it for a very short business trip this week as it's smaller than my normal tube of Eight Hour Cream.
http://www.johnlewis.com/elizabeth-arde ... p231716703

And, for dry brace-face lips, it's WAY better than normal Eight Hour Cream! I don't know what they've put in it that's different, but the texture is less slippy, and it's more moisturising.
My lips are back to normal!

(OK, so I lost another bracket on Wednesday morning, brushing my teeth literally minutes before I had to leave for the airport, but never mind. It was bonded to a crown which is never so good, and came off less than 5 days after the one fell off my other crown. Had to manage 2 days with it flapping around before getting the wire trimmed down today. It was the very back bracket so we're going to leave it off for now and put it back on when everything else is in the right place. Apparently things are going well though. Hurrah.)

28monthjourney

#101 Post by 28monthjourney »

I alternate between vanilla-mint softlips (which heals slightly chapped lips extremely quickly) and eos soft mint (which does not leave that waxy feel and seems to have helped heal my split lips, so I'm up for it). However, I'm going to use coconut oil on my lips the day I get braces, I'm worried my regular lip balms won't cut it! :mrgreen:
Sentence:
28 months in full upper and lower braces, open coil spring for additional alignment space for permanent teeth to erupt, elastics to align back bite, bite turbos, and palate expander.

eatcake247

#102 Post by eatcake247 »

I use EOS organic lip balms! I keep one at work, my purse and at home. It's effective w/ great flavors and the sphere packaging is cute!

Nozzelnut

#103 Post by Nozzelnut »

Dermatone. The US ski team uses it so it must be good. And it's got an SPF of 23 to protect from the sun.

tee

#104 Post by tee »

I usually use Burt's Bees. Lately, my lips have been so dry (and the corners of my mouth keep splitting, ow), so I slather on the Vaseline before bed, with good effect.

nightmare56

#105 Post by nightmare56 »

Nivia lip balm. the blue lid for females. works better than the dark blue lid one for men. its a little more like vaseline.